Please HELP! Best menthol? Most smoke-like vapor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

voltaire

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2009
Florida
Quick background:

-Total ecig newbie, never tried it, never known anyone who has.

-Just quit smoking menthol cigs cold-turkey a week ago after ~20 years

-Believe it or not, I think I was never extremely addicted to nicotine. I have never had a tendency to get physically addicted to various chemicals/drugs/alcohol/caffeine. Though I have noted that I have been extremely sleepy without any nicotine. Luckily I have been free to sleep at will this past week, and it's a heck of a lot easier to not smoke when you're sleeping! ;)

-It has been surprisingly easy but am getting some cravings mostly for the menthol flavor, as well as the oral habit and the relaxing effects of smoke exhalation. This is particularly true during the typical ritual moments when I used to almost always smoke a cigarette. Avoiding eating big meals that made me feel stuffed has been really really key, so far.

Last night was a really significant test for me. Poker game with friends, all smokers. Luckily no cig smoking in the house during the game, but there were periodic breaks and I was subjected to the smell of smoke several times. VERY lucky for me was that there were no other menthol smokers, or else I don't think I could have resisted bumming a smoke or two. Regular cigs to me don't taste good at all, so I have only a little trouble resisting them.

Them there's the facts, and after last night, I did some thinking and realized that I had better do whatever it takes to not get back to smoking cigs since I've gotten this far already. So ecigs seem to be the logical answer for me.

So what I want to know is:

Whats the best ecig starter-kit for me in this order of importance?
1) Most authentic menthol flavor
2) Most smoke-like vapor
3) Good quality/reliability
4) Fair price (the cheaper the better, but note that quality comes b4 price)

Also, I expect to mostly use the 0mg, no-nicotine kind, but I may also want to get some of the lightest nicotine type, in case I do crave just a little nicotine and want to experiment a little bit.

voltaire

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2009
Florida
Oh and if it helps any, I've been a Camel Light Menthol smoker since they came out, and a Camel Crush (menthol) smoker since they recently came out. I much prefered the Camel menthol flavor to any other brands of menthol, particularly the new Camel Crush fresh menthol taste.

So if anyone has/had similar taste and know of a particular ecig which tastes similar, I'd appreciate it.

TIA

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
So what I want to know is:

Whats the best ecig starter-kit for me in this order of importance?
1) Most authentic menthol flavor
2) Most smoke-like vapor
3) Good quality/reliability
4) Fair price (the cheaper the better, but note that quality comes b4 price)

Also, I expect to mostly use the 0mg, no-nicotine kind, but I may also want to get some of the lightest nicotine type, in case I do crave just a little nicotine and want to experiment a little bit.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ed-suggestions-menthol-liquid.html#post617410

Check out this thread:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/25965-menthol-question.html

bogiediver

ECF Veteran
My situation is exactly yours, missing the mechanical process of smoking...

Except mine was Marlboro Menthol Ultra-Lights 100's in the box...
(quite an adventure just to get that all out when I was buying analogs - always enjoyed watching the clerks eyes and/or hands moving from one part of the shelf to another as I stated each part of that:
"Marlboro" - eyes when to the Marlboro section..
"Menthol" - hand would start reaching...
"Ultra-Lights" - eyes would dart to one side and hand starts to follow...
"100's" - another movement
"Box" - finally a stab in the right direction... whew... :lol: )

Anyway, I mix my own menthol flavor...

I take a 1/4 oz of true menthol crystals and let them dissolve in about 10 ml of PG in a 15 ml bottle. After the initial dissolve, I add more PG to the bottle until it's a little less than full, add a couple of more crystals... keep adding crystals, one at a time, until no more dissolve - gives a great menthol concentrate that allows for consistent flavoring.

For final use - for what ever amount I am making I make it:
- 5% of the menthol concentrate
- 52% VG (for it's vapor making properties)
- 43% PG (to thin the overall juice)

For example - to make 30ml:
- 1.5 ml of menthol
- 15.5 ml of VG
- 13.0 ml of PG

Gives a good menthol hit & great vapor!

Adjust to your liking from there.

I have been experimenting with adding a tobacco flavoring to it as well, but it's the menthol that makes it for me.

Just my experience.

Good luck.

And remember - when your vaping, you can vape at the poker table - should give you some advantage by distracting them
:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

-bogie

crashtestjeep

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Wilmington, NC
www.myspace.com
sounds like a great mix! I DO like my tobacco flavor in it as well tho, may have to do some experimenting using ur methos to recreat those tasty tob-menthol mixes that Drew makes...not sure I can tho-hes got some tasty menthol tob mixes :) BUT-ill def try!!!:D
My situation is exactly yours, missing the mechanical process of smoking...

Except mine was Marlboro Menthol Ultra-Lights 100's in the box...
(quite an adventure just to get that all out when I was buying analogs - always enjoyed watching the clerks eyes and/or hands moving from one part of the shelf to another as I stated each part of that:
"Marlboro" - eyes when to the Marlboro section..
"Menthol" - hand would start reaching...
"Ultra-Lights" - eyes would dart to one side and hand starts to follow...
"100's" - another movement
"Box" - finally a stab in the right direction... whew... :lol: )

Anyway, I mix my own menthol flavor...

I take a 1/4 oz of true menthol crystals and let them dissolve in about 10 ml of PG in a 15 ml bottle. After the initial dissolve, I add more PG to the bottle until it's a little less than full, add a couple of more crystals... keep adding crystals, one at a time, until no more dissolve - gives a great menthol concentrate that allows for consistent flavoring.

For final use - for what ever amount I am making I make it:
- 5% of the menthol concentrate
- 52% VG (for it's vapor making properties)
- 43% PG (to thin the overall juice)

For example - to make 30ml:
- 1.5 ml of menthol
- 15.5 ml of VG
- 13.0 ml of PG

Gives a good menthol hit & great vapor!

Adjust to your liking from there.

I have been experimenting with adding a tobacco flavoring to it as well, but it's the menthol that makes it for me.

Just my experience.

Good luck.

And remember - when your vaping, you can vape at the poker table - should give you some advantage by distracting them
:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

-bogie

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I too very much like some of Nhaler's liquids but my favorite menthol is one that I mix myself with 24mg tobacco and 36mg menthol. The tobacco is from RMV and the menthol is from bestecig. I don't use this all of the time but when I get a craving for a menthol tobacco, this does the trick. By the way, I used to smoke regular camel menthol cigarettes.

ChesterN

ECF Veteran
    Nov 21, 2009
    Having not been a menthol smoker, I cannot address the "menthol" side of your post.

As to an e-cig model, this thread should be very helpful: The Wonderful World of Vaping: An Illustrated Guide to E-cigs (Parts 1 through 6)

And for a supplier, I have been very happy with Randall @ myPVshop.com

Excellent product selection, outstanding customer service, great prices and fast shipping. Also, if you use Discount Coupon Code: IVape10 you will save an additional 10% off your entire order - including sale items. And, free shipping on all orders over $49.00.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread