Status
Not open for further replies.

Becky84

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2014
Space Coast, FL
Hi all!

I was wondering if I could get some recommendations on a new RDA. I've just recently discovered dripping on a smok tech rda (no other specifics on it that I could find.) Needless to say I love it! The flavor is so much better! So, I'm ready to upgrade but I'm so overwhelmed by all the options! I have some experience rebuilding protank coils, building on the kayfun with cotton, and now this base model smok rda.

Here's what I think at this point I'm looking for, keeping in mind I'm not interested in sub ohm at this time:
1. posts with holes in them, I just find it easier to build on the rda as opposed to the kayfun without.
2. Adjustable airflow
3. Flavor!
4. The ability to easily build it with a single coil, but with the room to grow into dual when I get better

I've looked at the magma, quasar and stillare. What are ya'lls thoughts on those or anything else I might be overlooking?

Thanks ahead of time!

MrPlink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2014
Portland, OR / San Francisco CA
Magma is a great choice.
Flavor is on top with the best of em.
Holds tons of juice as well.

All drippers have nuances to getting the best out of them but the Magma is very simple to get right and keep running.

Just get your coil(s) as close as possible to the airholes and install the wick just long enough to touch the base of the juice well and PRESTO

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
The problem with a lot of otherwise very good RDAs is that many do not have the option of building for single coils, unless you plug off one set of holes yourself. The Brass Monkey is a good example. It's a great RDA. It comes with 2 caps; one with AFC, the other with fixed holes. But even the AFC cap doesn't have the option of using just one set of holes.

Nick N

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Columbus, Ohio
And don't forget, if you order the new hotness from China right now it will have cooled off by the time you get it. I ordered the Tobh v2 and by the time it got here the Magma and Plume clones were out.

Can someone point me to the "RDA Legends" thread to read about those that have stood the test of time (> 1 year).

Becky84

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2014
Space Coast, FL
Can someone point me to the "RDA Legends" thread to read about those that have stood the test of time (> 1 year).

Yes let's have a look at that. Although might be under "antiques". A year for a vape thing? Unheard of.

Thanks everyone for all your help! Picked me up a clone magma AND a clone plume veil. Cuz, 20% off one day only coupon and why not? Heard too many awesome things about the plume veil not to give it a shot once I watched some videos and realized that mayyyybe I can use one. Here goes nothin!

Cob24

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
A place some call paradise
Magma for the win. I have two of them, one for each of the two builds that I like to use (one single one double). I've had three other kinds of rda as well as kayfuns and cartos and clearos etc. the only thing I'm using now is my two magmas.

I think they still have authentic ones available at vapedna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread