Status
Not open for further replies.

donwuan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2013
GA
Newport shorts in a box(10years/pack a day) kind of guy

Just like a lot of folks I started off using gas station kits and blowing money like it was nothing. Fast forward after moving me and wifey to GA(from Detroit/coming from FL) and the rest of the terror squad(Mom/Pops/Uncle/Bro) figured I would try vaping again.

This has been the most frustrating thing ive dealt with in awhile. Luckly when I started(5weeks roughly) my friend pointed me to Mister E liquid website. Ordered tons of 6ml sample packs, ego 1000mah battery, and a few clearomizers.

Mister E liquid-Best ive had so far. Love the RY4/Grey Matter/fruity flavors mixes
Ego twist-Lasted a full day without a charge(Eventually got a ego twist for backup)
Clearomizers-Started great but ended with burnt taste/leaking/leaking/leaking/

Trip 1/2
Went to Vaperite store as im located in Atlanta/Smyrna area. Good first impressions, store was busy, seem like tons of loyal customers. Got extremely happy that I didnt have to wait on online orders to show up. Talked to some cool people and everyone seem to have more knowledge than me. First trip bought 15ml of Vaperite RY4 and a sample pack of tobacco(RY4 and some organic mixtures)(50/50 18nic) and a mini vivi nova.

(after initial taste, let steep for up to 2 weeks)
RY4-OMG taste like ...... Did I learn really fast that every juice is different. Horrible tobacco taste, Caramel taste really weird(some por attempt to be smokey). First lesson learned. Seeing 20 bottles sitting in a basket that all looked different colors should have tick something off in my brain.

Sample pack-organic or not all flavors tasted the same as above. Everything was so inconsistent. The Ry4 that I just wasted $13 on tasted completely different in the sample kit. Sample had a spicy taste to it, while the 15ml had a wierd caramel after taste.

Vivi Nova-As a noob I just knew I was doing something wrong. Leaking like crazy, drinking more liquid than vaping, dry hit way to often. But when it worked it taste excellent. After dancing with the staff I was told that the middle coil thing were crooked in all vivi novas, that I screwing on the drip tip/top part I was unscrewing the coil at same time but that was normal. No refunds(this was within the first week). Horrible customer service at this point, was given the runaround for a few days.
Trip 3
Vaperite, after talking to the workers in the store. The 5 different ones ive talked to none of them smoke the vaperite juice(thought this was funny). None bought there equipment from the actual store. Could give a ..... if I like their juice or not.

So today I went and visited the store again. They have good prices on equipment(5-10% more than online). My nova is in the trash(total of 2 weeks of horrible experience) clearomizers are starting to give out(harsh taste after cleaning)

Today was a quite day for them, maybe 10 people in the store. Was initial going to grab a PROTANK, but after looking at everyone elses equipment and talking to workers seem like it was 50/50. Protank airy draw which leads to headaches and Cartomizer tanks that DONT LEAK but can be a little messy. After being told the Kanger T3 was the same as the PROTANK but without the glass I figured I would try out a KT3. Since I was about to spend $20 bucks on protank I grabbed KT3 and a Smoktec Cartomizer Tank(6ml). My dumbass bought another sample pack of some other tobacco flavors they had(777, batch 21 etc).

Kanger T3-Wow. Bottom coil no more dry hits(as I was told and read online). Okay good vapor, no dry hits but TASTE LIKE CHEAP PLASTIC. I cannot win to safe my life. This is what is allowed to be sold.

Smoktec Carto Tank(black pyrex)-Finally no leakage. Finally great consistent taste. Finally something that doesnt look like a cheap knockoff. Buying 10 more of these when I have to loot.

Vaperite Juices-How/why is this place still open. Ry4 came in my sample pack again. This time dark brown color. Taste different again. Other flavors are off. Really dont know what im smoking. One of the girls there told me if you dont like the ry4 try batch 21. She filled my vivi nova tank when i first bought it with it. Sweet tobacco, sweet caramel after taste. The one in the sample bag taste spicy again. Barely any caramel there and darker color also(thought darker meant it steep). No more juice from there.

70/30mix 18nic
Checked the forums and say some amazing deals that I couldnt pass up. Butterfly vapes was offering some really cheap 30ml bottles, bought caramel and french vanilla. Good stuff but not for all day. Wife wants a frappe everytime she smells the vapor. Also bought a 120ml from another vendor here of Vanilla delight. I can only assume alot of juice makers use the same flavoring. To my surprise all 3 taste very similar. French Vanilla, Caramel Candy and Vanilla delight all taste the same. Something I can give to people I try to convert. Im almost pretty sure this is what messed my clearimizers up. Started off thin and 1/2 way down the tube turned into a sludge/thick mixture. Havent been able to wash the flavor out of them. Mainly use these to add a little flavor/mix with others.

Pretty sure it can get worse from here. Mister E RY4 is my all day vape. As nice as fruity flavors are I vape with them all day long. Ego batteries have held up well without issues. Vaperite juice sucks(all personal opinion/some workers).

Thank god I found Carto Tank by Smok, as my vivi nova caused me to buy a box of Newport Shorts. Placing a big order of Mister E liquid and sticking with what works. After trying 4 vendors Ive lost a little faith. Mostly because everyone has NO REFUND because blah blah blah. How can vaperite have this policy but every batch taste different. And dont dare bring that up in the store.

So far ive learned to many things about vaping is inconsistent. Would love to get help but everyone(and I mean everyone) has a different answer/opinion. I do understand opinions are going to be different and this is the internet so I take everything with a grain of salt. So off on my journey to waste more money.

Will try to update this as I go along. Sorry for the wall of text and my poor grammar.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I think if you stick with something you like that is the best and when trying new juices only buy 5 or 6 ml bottles. We all do this buy things that sound good but aren't to our liking. You can also try some simple DIY, when I started I bought my nic level in unflavored juice and added flavor. Just do some research and give it a try by mixing 1 flavor. Fruits are the easiest. I mix 5 drops in 5 ml of unflavored juice. Only mix small batches like that and then tweak the flavors. You just may like DIY :) bnrk

donwuan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2013
GA
I think if you stick with something you like that is the best and when trying new juices only buy 5 or 6 ml bottles. We all do this buy things that sound good but aren't to our liking. You can also try some simple DIY, when I started I bought my nic level in unflavored juice and added flavor. Just do some research and give it a try by mixing 1 flavor. Fruits are the easiest. I mix 5 drops in 5 ml of unflavored juice. Only mix small batches like that and then tweak the flavors. You just may like DIY :) bnrk

If I could find a similar Mister E RY4 I would be set for life. Never get tired of that flavor but he only offers in 36ml bottles but would love to make bigger batches.

How much are you saving by making your own.

DoogieTony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
Indianapolis, IN
I'm guessing they sold you a knockoff vivi nova. Vision is the actual brand of vivi nova, since they carry smok carto tanks you probably got a smok vivi as well.

My vision vivis have never once done what you describe.

Carto tanks are a good option tho, I recommend them to all new vapers.

Why can't you buy several bottles of Mr. e's?

donwuan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2013
GA
I'm guessing they sold you a knockoff vivi nova. Vision is the actual brand of vivi nova, since they carry smok carto tanks you probably got a smok vivi as well.

My vision vivis have never once done what you describe.

Carto tanks are a good option tho, I recommend them to all new vapers.

Why can't you buy several bottles of Mr. e's?

From the few people I know that vape, told me to try a few vendors. Coming from a smaller city in Florida, I didnt have the option to go to an actual store. Thats really the only reason I tried vaporite, because of convenience.

The ones I bought were vision novas, came in a black box with the nova tank and 2 extra coils. Just like everyone at the store, they thought it was weird, after a quick fix/replacement the same problem started up a few days later.

No one in the store was using vivi novas. Even though they were trying selling them to people in the store. All the workers and customers were either using cartotanks or protanks. Most of the customers were buying replaceable heads for both of the mentioned devices.

As of now, Mister E has my business as far as juice goes. Trying other stores was my attempt to find cheaper/convenient places. But placing an order this Friday with MisterE.

And my packages tend to get "Lost" while in USPS possession. Go missing without update for a few days.

If you're unhappy with your experience in-store, you have every right to speak up about it. I'd try to talk to a manager/owner, though. Worst they can do is tell you not to come back, and from the sounds of it, you've had better luck online anyway.

Also sounds like whoever is mixing their juices doesn't know their tail end from a hole in the ground.

Another thing to be careful of is that the higher VG mixtures can have a tendency to gunk up a little sometimes. A q-tip/toothpick and some hot water usually does the trick. Just be careful not to screw up the coil while you're cleaning your atty.

As far as the problems with your Vivi Nova tanks, if you still have them, check the shape of the top of the atomizer. If it's concave, it's a 1st gen. I think the 2nd gen is flat across the top, and 3rd gen has a tip to it that kind of sticks up into the drip tip a little. They changed them because the atomizers were getting fluid on top of them which would leak through the center down onto the battery. My first tank was a 1st gen Vivi Nova, and I couldn't lay it sideways because it would leak like a sieve when I tilted it back upright. I now have a 3rd gen mini, but haven't used it yet, so I can't give a good review. :p I've been using a SMOK TECH DUAL COILS TANK(DCT) for the past couple of weeks and have had nothing but success and deliciousness with it.

jSquared

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
London, UK
If you like carto tanks, stick with them. Some people hate them because they either a) insist that they can taste the filler material or b) can't get the hang of filling/using them.

Whilst you're still trying to find you're ADV, I'd recommend picking up a LR306 atty - that way you won't have to toss a perfectly good carto if you don't like a particular flavor. Dripping is a lot easier than most people make out, and it's ideal for testing flavors.

JJ

Azmo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
Liverpool, NY, USA
None of your experience is out of the ordinary. An RY4 from one vendor will never taste exactly the same as from another. Each vendor has their own recipe. I've bought samples from about 10 different vendors to find what I liked most.

And unfortunately, the same goes for clearos and tanks. You can buy 2 of the exact same and have one be a piece of crap and the other be outstanding. There is not much quality control in China. I've tried a bunch of different clearos and love the Kanger T3 and Protank. A lot of people love the EVOD, but I had a bad experience with one so I avoid them.

The biggest thing to understand about vaping is that you have to use what works for YOU. Everyone has their own opinion because they found what works for them.

Welcome to the forums and keep on vaping.

donwuan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2013
GA
A little update. My kanger t3 need several washes before getting the pure ballon plastic taste out. Tank part was the issue.

Put some blue voodoo in the tank and seems good so far. As the whole world mentioned its very airy draw. Getting use to covering holes up.

Filled my cartotank with last bit of adv ry4. Thinking if ordering samples from a few places.

Read mtbakervapor ry4 taste like licorice and not a traditional ry4. I hate licorice(black).

Try some ecblends and see what cheaper eliquid taste like. Started with mister e but its becoming.expensive.

My butterfly stuff is decent and should hold me over. Literally have maybe 30-40 samples lying around.

Something about hazelnut I love though. Probably the hazelnut coffee I drink every mourning.

So will try some protanks from fastetech when available. And ordering some boge cartos that I know nothing about at the moment but heard great things.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

j__b

Jun 15, 2013
United States
I have gone through a few batteries and tanks/carts trying to get something simple that works well myself. The best luck I have had so far has been with the Innokin Itaste MVP paired with an Iclear 16 or 30 (tank). Pretty much a bullet proof and simple setup, and cost me under 80$. I also keep a generic 510 pass through as a backup so I will never end up without a working battery.

I haven't had any problems with eliquid other then finding the chinese made liquids were to hard on my throat. I buy all my liquids from Simply Vapes, theyre local to me which is awesome and also have some great liquids. I have never had any problem with their liquids varrying from one batch to the next, however I would make sure your shaking them well before you fill.

Bewenched

Unregistered Supplier
May 30, 2013
Texas
www.gothicvapor.com
I really dislike my smok carto tank, its hard to get back together correctly and the base has a partial indention in it to accomodate the flange so it never sits flush.

The protanks are back in stock.
$12.09 Kanger Protank Clearomizer with Pyrex Glass Tank (2.5mL) - silver / 2.5

Regarding juices I would totally stay away from places that dont do their own mixes and definately stay away from chinese juices! You really never know what you're vaping. For goodness sake they were shipping childrens toys to the US that had lead paint on them!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread