Not open for further replies.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
It does happen.

Do you think I don't think it "does" happen?

Sheesh. Of course it happens.

But the OP stated that "A LOT" of vapor packages were being stolen by postal employees.

and, for the record, I"m not going to let that stand.

It's not the norm. I'm sure that once in a while, some outlier postal worker risks "everything" to steal from a package. Most wouldn't.

I will "alert" my post master and all the postmasters around here that there has been some ideas floating around that vapor packages are being stolen ON SOME KIND OF REGULAR BASIS. Maybe they can keep an eye out. :lol:

(Considering they deliver so many leaking, dripping, eliquid packages, I think vapers shouldn't Press their Luck.)

Last edited:

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
I have to agree with @Racehorse. I work in the mailing/marketing industry. The company I'm at sends LOADS of stuff through USPS in a given week. The likelihood of something getting jacked up and delayed at the post office is just as likely with flyers that have PERFECT addresses (and barcodes printed) as it is with a hand-written envelope.

We're talking about facilities that deal with millions of packages on the daily, honestly, it's shocking that the entire mailing system in the US hasn't completely fallen apart. Accidents are going to happen, things are going to get delayed, but for the most part (talking like 99.9% of the time) even if it's 2 weeks late, your package will get to you unscathed. Chiiiiilll out.

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
I guess it depends on where you are and you guys must be lucky.

My company ships a lot of stuff every day - about 2/3 of the pkgs go by UPS or FedEx, and 1/3 by Priority Mail. But about 80% (or more) of delivery problems are with USPS. We have complaints EVERY DAY about USPS pkgs being late or never arriving (I'm not even counting how lame their tracking is - I don't care as long as it gets to where it's supposed to be in a reasonable amount of time). Yet we can go weeks without a complaint about a UPS or Fedex delivery.

OTOH, I know vapers obsess with vapemail... so I am sure it does get blown out of proportion.

Personally, when I buy online, if there is an option for UPS or Fedex, I choose one of those. I avoid USPS delivery at every opportunity. Unfortunately most vape supply companies don't offer such options. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread