Private V2 Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavyrocker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Toronto,Canada
Looks like you have to update your signature now!

Sorry to hear it took a month for them to ship it to you. Hopefully yours doesn't show signs of defect like the shreded (or soon to be shreded) thin walls and the loose 510 connection pin.

My brass tubes are perfect,i heard they had a problem ,the threads were milled too deep but they fixed the problem.The brass tubes are thicker now too.

Heavyrocker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Toronto,Canada
I was considering picking one of these up..especially for the price.

It's good to see this great feedback on it before I picked out what made the cut and placed my order. Hope it holds up to the test of time.

You will be very happy with this cool looking hard hitting beast,its actually quite small almost same size as a batt.

edlox

Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
United States
what attys are you guys running?

the trident is the only one i really like look-wise

*not my pic
Ixx8YzF.jpg

Heavyrocker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Toronto,Canada
Warning:

I just found out the Private V2 Mod may fire on its own if your not careful.If you use a batt with the casing not totally covered on the bottom it may touch the insides of the firing button.Some panasonic IMR grey flat top batts come in this style.I use a coating of nail polish on the bottom of the batt too ensure the edges of the batt dont touch the sides of the inside bottom cap.Will post pics later.

Sorry bout the blurry pic

The inside of the bottom cap,the bare edges of the batt can rub the inside of the cap.

Last edited:

palaceofhate

Jul 5, 2013
WI, USA
I can't quite tell from your picture exactly because the heat shrink Panasonic uses is sometimes grey, but is there any heat shrink on those batteries at all? Especially with lithium batteries, you should always have heat shrink on the battery or else shorting is only a process of a few millimeters (from the entire case [anode] to the button/flat top [cathode]) as opposed to from the bottom all the way to the top (such as a stuck firing button).

I just image searched 'Panasonic IMR' and came up with this image
oasN9Fc.jpg

If these are the batteries you are using I suggest you put an additional layer of heat shrink around the battery and ensure a few millimeters of heat shrink form a margin around the outside circumference of the bottom. I'm surprised they even come this way, as having that much exposed case could lead to some pretty nasty shorts from simple absentmindedness (inserting the battery backwards for example)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread