Pro Tank 2 Questions: Filling, Cleaning, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChivasRx

Oct 23, 2013
Murrieta, CA
Hi folks,

Just a few basic questions.

1. When I clean the tanks, I rinse everything in hot water. Can I also rinse the stem of the coil? I usually just set it aside and paper towel any liquid on it without rinsing thinking the water might screw it up.

2. When should you refill the tanks? If I want to fill the tank with different liquid, I'll try to vape as much as possible before I clean it and then put in a different liquid. I got a few burnt hits yesterday as it was getting low but not empty. Was using about a 50/50 mix of PG/VG. I thought maybe the coil was going (one week old) so I changed it and I think it's better, but not sure if it's because the coil change or the low level of liquid in the tank.

Thanks!

Enoch777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Midwest, USA
1.) Yes, you can completely submerge all parts of a Protank 1, 2, or 3 in water. Preferably spring/distilled water. For cleaning out strong flavors try cheap vodka. Does wonders. Whatever you clean with, make sure you let it air dry at least a few hours up to 6 or more depending. Want it to be completely dry before you refill with juice.

2.) That depends really. The Protank I worked best when you kept the liquid level above 3/4th, which would reduce flooding. The Protank II doesn't seem to have that issue. I say refill it whenever you feel it's appropriate. If you can vape it down to the last drop without burnt hits, go for it!

Burnt hits could be from a number of issues as well. Wicking. Airflow. Try flipping the rubber gasket on the stem upside down if it becomes an issue, and if you still get burnt hits after that, put 1 drop of clean distilled water into each tank to aid with wicking. You shouldn't need more than 1 drop at 50/50.

Vape well, vape often :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread