Problem with Fused Clapton resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dappel

Oct 20, 2015
Hey ecf,

I got myself a dotmod V1.5 recently and decided it's time to try out a Fused Clapton Coil. I did 8wraps at 2.4mm with 26g AN80 and 36g NI80 as outer wire. After dry firing this build should be at around .19 to .22 ohm on a dual coil. It, however, reads at .16ohm on my ohm meter and .176 on my regulated device (planning to use it on a mech though).
Any ideas what might be causing the issue?

K6JV5U2.jpg

Superfecta_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2015
Colorado
You will always have a fluctuation of +- .01 The Steam Engine calcs take into account 5mm legs on each coil. Shorter/longer legs then 5mm can toss your resistance a bit. Also double check your connections and everything like that. My ohm reader constantly reads .02 higher then my regulated deceives. If you breathe on your coil wrong you will change the resistance. I always go off my regulated device.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Hm, ok. Which Ohm reading should I trust tho? My ohm reader which reads it at .16 or my regulated mod (Sigelei 150W TC) which reads it at .176? Any build seems to read differently on those two, it's always a difference of .015 to .02 ohm weirdly.

Neither.... unless you KNOW which meter is correct. Since you don't.. Assume the TRUTH is somewhere between the 2 readings you have.

Reactions: dolladave
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread