Problem with SB

Status
Not open for further replies.

highoffchlorine

Apr 27, 2010
Tulsa
I've had a black silver bullet for about 2 weeks now running the protected 3.7V batteries it cam with. Today I had an 801 atomizer on it via the provided adapter and I set it on my desk after using it. Later when I tried to use it, there was no vapor produced and I tried listening closely and no noise at all. I tried another 801, and then tried 2 510's and a 901, all of which work with other batteries, and had the same result. The device will not power any atomizers. I hooked the batteries up to a battery tester and they work fine. I also used a volt reader on the end of the device and it reads 3.7V when the button is pressed. So it seems that the device puts out power but won't power atomizers. Any help?

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
I cant help but perhaps PM a mod and ask if they can move this to the correct forum for you (as I know you cant post there yet) so the SB manuf. can talk you through any issues - btw did you call them / email them and explain the issue? SOmetiems its as simple as a spring in an end cap which popped out when you changed batteries and needs to be put back in

highoffchlorine

Apr 27, 2010
Tulsa
AltSmoke contacted me back and explained what the problem is. They are having me send it to them to repair it. Here is their explanation if anyone else ever has a similar problem.

"Seems the adapter may have been overtightened and crushed the insulator. When you install an attomizer it will cause the center post to ground out tripping the batteries protection circuit. You are able to get a voltage reading because the connector is not pressed enough to ground out. Not sure if you have email enabled, but I will email or PM you my address for repair. Please be carefull when using adapters, I do not manufacture them, and I know there are some QC issues."

Great customer service from AltSmoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread