Status
Not open for further replies.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Okay. Good. Thanks!! Isn't it supposed to turn orange from the center out to the edges of the coil?
All Depends on tge color of tge juice snd how much Stevia Ir sucralose us in the juice

Sweet Vapes gunk up the coils and wicks much faster.

LX1X

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2013
Fee State
In VW mode, resistance range is 1.0-3.5ohm
eVic VTwo Mini - Joyetech

oops wrong mod
0.15-3.5ohm for VW/BYPASS mode
for evic VTwo

Your 1.85 coil should be in the range
Yes.. bypass = using 5v USB connection.

Fully charge 18650 max is at 4.2v.

Unless it has built in flux capacitor... ;)

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Thank you!

I had no idea the wick needed to be changed so often! Thank you!! I removed the wick on one last night, did the dry burn and rewicked.

How can I make sure the coil is making good contact?
You don't need to change the wick that often. I can make it to well over a month. Change the wick when the taste isn't as good anymore or when it doesn't wick as well as before.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
eVic VTwo - Joyetech

That's how I read it.. depending on which mode it is on.

If it's using single 18650 battery.. it's draining it fast at 5v. ;)

3, 5, or 7v, makes no difference. The amp draw (and thus the battery runtime) depends on the set watts, not the coil resistance (which doesn't matter at all).

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Yes.. bypass = using 5v USB connection.

Fully charge 18650 max is at 4.2v.

Unless it has built in flux capacitor... ;)
The mod doesn't draw the power from the charger when vaping, it turns of the charging when vaping and simply draws the current from the battery (thus "passthrough" isn't really the right term). The current isn't sufficient (probably 1 amp maximum). The mod bucks and boosts, and can thus provide more or less volts than the current battery charge (otherwise it wouldn't be a regulated device at all). Not sure what the maximum voltage the mod can provide is.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
I had no idea there was a ceiling on what my resistance should be. I thought that was only relevant for low ohms. So I should make sure my resistance is no greater than 1.0 ohms?

That's how I read it.. depending on which mode it is on.

No you are reading it wrong, that's just for VT (variable temperature) mode with nickel, titanium or stainless steel wire. In VW (variable wattage) and bypass (unregulated, raw battery voltage applied) modes it can go up to 3.5 ohms with Kanthal, nichrome, or stainless steel (yes SS wire can be used in either mode).

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
there is nothing wrong with using premade coils, not everyone has the time or dex to wrap them... but you really should take a look at what you order, when you order, so you know the res and type of coil you're putting in. some do require special treatment like TC or not going above a certain wattage. I thought about going the same route as you and saw there were hundreds of various res and metals and too many that didn't even say what kind they were.. with a nickel allergy, I decided to make my own.

this site is your friend Coil wrapping

when you place the coil into your rba and have it secured:

dry fire it and watch how it heats, is it glowing orange from the middle? no? you might have to stroke it or compress it with tweezers a few times, cooling in between a bit, until it does.
then you wick it
how often do you wick? well it depends on flavour and if you accidently burned the wick or it's all gummed up.
if it's starting to lose flavour, it's reached saturation, so change it then.
if you've run it dry and burned the wick.. yep change it.
if it's gummed up, you can wash and dry it and reuse, but most wicking is cheap so changing it is just easier.
most of the time it's just changing the wicking and giving a quick clean to the coil.

keep in mind the limits of the mod/battery you're using as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread