Prodigy @ 3.7 vs Icon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Vapor & Throat Hit = The Same ... However, the peak of an AW 17670 will beat out a Tenergy 14500 or AW IMR 14500 hands down.

I get about 7-8 hours from a 17670, and go through 2 per day. 14500's, I get about 5-6 hours per battery, and will go through 3 if its a super long day.

I vape about 6ml per day if not a little bit more. I empty an entire 6ml bottle and at night, scalp from a larger bottle :) If you vape 3ml, you can figure longer run times on your batteries :)

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
yeah, wouldn't it be great if you could jam a 2400 mah 18650 into an icon ;-)

I am like you... I know I like 3.7... the 17670 is a good middle ground between the 14500 and 18650...

You wanna see big... check out some of the 18650 mods...

I am looking to get a prodigy because I loved the icon, but wanted longer batt life...

GregH

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2009
Georgia USA
This is [obviously] only my personal opinion. But if I vaped only at 3.7v, I would choose the Icon. It's the perfect size for on-the-go use, especially if you want to put your PV in a front shirt pocket, as I do at work (a corporate environment). The relatively shorter battery life is offset by the fact that 14500s are so much smaller than 17670s, it's no big deal to put one or two spare ones in your pocket or bag.

I realize the V3 is smaller than the Silver Bullet, Omega, or most other tube mods out there. And I have used mine quite a bit when I'm out and about. But I always migrate back to my Icon for use outside of the house.

It all boils down to personal preference and usage habits. As Cash said, they both perform the same at 3.7v. The difference is small size/needing to carry spare batteries or larger size that will last pretty much all day with one battery.

Luma

ECF Veteran
I think I may go to the icon. I think the smaller size will be better. I also work in a corporate environment (wealth management and insurance). Although I'm not at a desk really more the less out and about meeting board heads and seeing clients, I vape in the car aand before I meet with anyone a chain vape for a min then leave it in the car. But carrying it around in some jeans or whatever will for sure be easier. This Prod is clunky!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread