Proof that I am still an utter newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

horkus1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Ok so I am using an eGo T pass through and I have a 510 for my backup. Here is my question: I have a pack of joyetech empty cartridges that were bought with a Type A cone atomizer in mind (the vendor was out of the attys at the time) but can these be used with any 510 atomizer as well? When I see the atomizers, they always seemed to be paired with a black cartridge that is round all the way to the tip. The ones I have are pre-punched with a flat mouthpiece (and clear). I would like to try both cone and regular atomizer but I just can't tell if these cartridge will fit and these websites do not specify.

Thanks and sorry for the goofy question.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Actually, no. It's a matter of size.

If you got a real Type A cone atomizer (some places refer to it as an XL type A) those are significantly larger than a standard atomizer. Further, there is the Type A "cone" that uses the cartridges you have and the Type B "cylinder" atty that requires it's own specific cartridge. The connector is 510 threaded, but these also have the extra set of threading that screws onto an eGo type battery, eliminating the use of a battery cone (cover) in the process.

These two extra large attys are the exceptions. Anything else you see referred to as a "510" almost always refers to a standard size atty - anything but these two particular ones. All other attys will fit to a standard size 510 cart.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
lol - I don't think we meant to confuse you about this.

Iron Molly is referring to tank attys and those do come as type A, B or C . If your cart is clear, has no poly filler inside, and a cap you must pry off in order to fill it then you have a tank setup. Those carts will only work with tank attys.

But you used the word "cone" to describe yours - that isn't tank setup jargon. If you are using a cart that has filler inside it that you drip your liquid onto then you have an "XL type A" cone atomizer. That would not be a tank setup.

horkus1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2013
Atlanta, GA
lol - I don't think we meant to confuse you about this.

Iron Molly is referring to tank attys and those do come as type A, B or C . If your cart is clear, has no poly filler inside, and a cap you must pry off in order to fill it then you have a tank setup. Those carts will only work with tank attys.

But you used the word "cone" to describe yours - that isn't tank setup jargon. If you are using a cart that has filler inside it that you drip your liquid onto then you have an "XL type A" cone atomizer. That would not be a tank setup.

I DEFINITELY have the former. So... I am limited to a tank setup with what I have, right?

Good lord. SO sorry guys!

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Ok so I am using an eGo T pass through and I have a 510 for my backup. Here is my question: I have a pack of JoyeTech empty cartridges that were bought with a Type A cone atomizer in mind (the vendor was out of the attys at the time) but can these be used with any 510 atomizer as well? When I see the atomizers, they always seemed to be paired with a black cartridge that is round all the way to the tip. The ones I have are pre-punched with a flat mouthpiece (and clear). I would like to try both cone and regular atomizer but I just can't tell if these cartridge will fit and these websites do not specify.

Thanks and sorry for the goofy question.

I'm confused. "empty cartridges that were bought with a Type A cone atomizer in mind" would be either just a cartridge filled with some fluffy filler material connected to a mouthpiece or a little tank connected to a mouthpiece if you meant a Type A tank atomizer. Either this or this.

But, "pre-punched" would indicate a cartomizer.

Like I said, I'm confused. Can you give me a link?

horkus1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Here a link - Joye eGo Tank Cartridge

I am sorry. I did not mean to cause confusion. I already have cartomizers and those are the ones with the filler. I don't care for them and use my clearomizer almost all the time. I was just wondering if they fit 510 atomizers in addition to fitting the eGo T atomizer. And the answer is no!

Thanks a bunch for helping!

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Sorry about that - I miss understood what you had. I thought you were talking about least kinds of cones: ElectronicStix.Com · Original Joye eGo Starter Kit with 510 Atomizers (650 mAh Kit)

oldlady.gif
never mind the confused old lady

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread