Protank airy draw fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2012
PA
We all know the protank has an airy draw and the replacement heads are nowhere to be found yet so here's a very easy way to fix both problems - mod an evod head to fit the protank and at the same time fix the airy draw (makes it similar to that of a vivi nova, maybe even a little tighter - for me it's perfect)

Very simple - take an evod and protank head and remove the posts (I also took the top wick out of the evod head - seen here on the left):

2_zps27afb8af.jpg

Put the longer protank post on the evod head like so:

3_zpsc1a80272.jpg

The posts come out pretty easily btw, just yank it out w/ needlenose pliers - might have to shimmy it back and forth a lil. You can actually use the evod head in the protank w/o any modification but I find it hits a better if you switch the posts.

That's it, taking out the top wick isn't necessary, I find it hits better for me but the great thing about this is not only are evod heads cheaper and in stock everywhere, the bigger o-ring serves to tighten up the draw significantly. Perfect fix.

:)

Last edited:

GalenCopes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2012
Ocean Springs, MS
Well crap, I didn't know my Protank had any problems...oh well, lets see if I can fix a non-existent problem on both of my tanks. The Protank goes directly on my Provari and the heads SHOULD be virtually the same between the EVOD and the Protank (except I believe the post is longer on the Protank).

Galen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread