Protank and k100 getting very warm, help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwampThing

Jul 9, 2013
The Green
Hiya everyone!

So I'm laying in bed reading emails enjoying a nice vape when I suddenly realise my protank and k100 are hot, not too hot to touch just very very warm.

I am using a 18350 battery with a vape safe fuse, k100 and protank.

I immediately dissasembled my device and found the battery to be warm too, I let the parts alcohol off, reassemble and try again an it happened again within the first two hits. Worrying.

Any suggestions as to why this might be and now to go about fixing it? Is this dangerous?

Thank you!

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Batteries on mechs get warm, and if you're layin' in bed, absentmindedly vapin' away... you might just be over-doin' it a bit. Happens to me all the time when I use a BC clearo instead of my usual carto tank... but as I vape 24 mg/ml, I tend to crack into a cold sweat before anything gets too hot. You've got a fuse, and probably IMR batts, so you're OK.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Hiya everyone!

So I'm laying in bed reading emails enjoying a nice vape when I suddenly realise my protank and k100 are hot, not too hot to touch just very very warm.

I am using a 18350 battery with a vape safe fuse, k100 and protank.

I immediately dissasembled my device and found the battery to be warm too, I let the parts alcohol off, reassemble and try again an it happened again within the first two hits. Worrying.

Any suggestions as to why this might be and now to go about fixing it? Is this dangerous?

Thank you!

If it happened that fast I would look for a bad connection somewhere in the mod. See if you can tell where the heat is coming from. Could be the 510 connector is not making good contact with the protank. Could be the switch. If you can get a feel for where it is, you can fix it.

The battery should never be getting hot unless you are drawing more current than it's designed to put out.

SwampThing

Jul 9, 2013
The Green
Thanks for all the help and suggestions guys, you are all very awesome! :)

Update.

I have tried it ow again with a 18650 battery and have added a protank air flow adjuster and it is no longer making the k100 hot, just the protank, I have also tried it on my MVP and that isn't getting hot either, just the protank getting slightly warm. As I have learnt for this thread is natural :)

The battery I was using is one that came with my vamo kit, a ICR18350... I take it these aren't recommended? I will soon be replacing them with some AW 18350. I was just using these as I was too lazy to go get my Panasonic batteries from downstairs... *tuts at self*.

I have however come across a new problem, when using the MVP with the beauty ring and the air flow adjuster the beauty ring is to long and its not making the connection, any suggestions on how to change this? Pull down the airflow connector pin maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread