Provari Mini, More Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob57

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2012
Indiana
:glare: Oh, so now its a game? I see how you play now...

JK! :laugh: I actually didn't see myself having much interest in one of these as I imagined that base would feel rather weird fitting into a front pants pocket. :blink:

Then this weekend I began using my AGA T's again and recalled how top heavy they can make the Provari. I can definitely see the wide base being useful to stabilize the Provari when using a hefty Genesis-style rba. I might get one down the road.

Might attract attention ? :D

Yes the AGA does make the Provari top heavy and I can imagine how it would be with the 18650.
I'll use the 18650 extension ring and factory end cap for packin and the faired base for home.

Oh look, I already have the shipping notice !

;)

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Yes, the Tatroe Base and the included extension will make a "standard" Provari a 18650.

Dang, I use 18650's for the desk based unit. Until I get a mini I use 18500's away from the desk. If I get one of these I will never use the 18650 adapter ever again. I hate having stuff I don't use.

I have invested a lot more in items that I will never use again than in the items that I use. Given most of it way. When I order one of these I will have to find a home for the 18650 adapter.

I think these items belong in the regular Provari thread too since they will work on the standard size as well.

Last edited:

lamarrk

ECF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
Huntsville, Alabama (Rocket City), USA
Does Tatroe sell just the extensions or do you have to buy the extension and base as a set? I want to buy 3 or 4 of them and make a dual 18490 provari.

Mine just came in the mail today. Did not see an option to buy the extension only. Just the "set."
Got it on my full size, using an 18650. Now I can use the ProVari extension cap on my mini and it'll fit my serenity sleeve.

ElectraClyde

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Chicagoland
I was talking to Chris at Cigtechs, the guy selling these things, and learned a couple things. I picked up some of these at VapeBash, and sure enough, the fit was tight on my V2.5. Turns out Tatroe is a threading expert, and his tolerance on his bases and tubes was spot on, for a 1.0 and a 2.0. The ID on the 2.5 is a wee bit tighter than on previous versions, and Tatroe used a 2.0 as a gauge to make his bases. On his second run of parts, he used a 2.5 as a gauge, so his bases and tubes now fit perfectly on all three versions of Provaris.

Chris also believes that as soon as he catches up with demand, Tatroe will make just tube sections available at Cigtechs. So, with two tube sections and the base, you can run an 18650 in your mini. Since I got more than one kit, I've actually done this with my mini. Pretty nice being able to use all three battery sizes in one Provari!

This base is heavy! So not only is it wide to add stability, it adds mass and weight down at the very bottom. If you are using a heavy atomizer, this extra weight is a blessing!

The only negative I've found is that this thing is not pocket friendly. When I want to pocket my Provari, I take off the Tatroe base, leave on his extension ring, and use the standard Provari battery cap. In my car, I leave the base on so it will stand up in my cup holder.

I've got a lot of vaping stuff that now lives in a drawer, but my Tatroe bases get used every day. These things really are good.

Clyde

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I polished the Tatroe base and extender ring, man that some hard stainless!
Also polished a new drip tip for the AGA.
I'm really liking the base feels nice in the hand and it's great for table top, just plop it down without worry of it falling over.

Bob, what method did you use to polish yours up like that? That looks extremely sharp! :thumb:

PBusardo did a quick review of these at the beginning of the AMP tank review.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread