Provari W/ Zen Atomizer HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chancity

May 3, 2013
kansas
Hey the name is chancity, I'm pretty new to vaping I've been doing it for 3 months and decided I would buy a Provari Z Atty setup from provape! I'm having issues with the Z Atty 2.1 with the Ceramic wick. I've re-built the coil 5 times and watched alot of videos about setup and I'm still having issues with my vaping. AT first the vapor was really metallic and I think part of it was the 100% VG jucie I was initial using. After rebuilding the coil about 5 times I tired adding water to the mix and I was still getting the same results. I then tried a 50/50 mix and there seemed to be more vapor and thicker (metallic taste went away). I made a video showing the coil so that someone could tell me if the coil needs fixed. Also what is the difference between less and more coils. Thanks for the help!
<br>

Huffelpuff

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
Philadelphia Burbs
Hi Chancity:

Click on the iHybrid Wiki link underneath the picture in my signature. It has a very nice guide for using genesis attys and specifically covers metallic taste.

It took me a good bit of practice to get the hang of genesis type attys so stick with it. It'll get there.

Hope that this helps!

chancity

May 3, 2013
kansas
Hi Chancity:

Click on the iHybrid Wiki link underneath the picture in my signature. It has a very nice guide for using genesis attys and specifically covers metallic taste.

It took me a good bit of practice to get the hang of genesis type attys so stick with it. It'll get there.

Hope that this helps!

Alrighty! Thank you..as of now both the ceramic wicks that came with the zatty pro broke due to the whole system falling over. Very frustrating, any suggestion for the mesh wicks? Im generally a 30/70 kind of guy. Using my vivinova now lol..

Huffelpuff

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
Philadelphia Burbs
I've never tried the ceramic --use the mesh all the time. 400 mesh is a good place to start. There are a few different methods for oxidizing the wick - I simply roll it (check videos if you're not sure how - good 1 posted on utube by scubatadan), hold flame until it glows 3x cooling in between and wrap the coil. If you have problems w/ oxidiziing wick use the cigarette paper method (lots of videos about that on utube).

My hot spot problem always came from overtightening the wire on the center post. Once you've got the coil wrapped play around w/ the wire till it glows evenly. It's normal for first vape on a new wick to be slightly harsh but it shouldn't be heavily metallic or burning taste. A multimeter would be a good investment if you are diving into genesis.

Practice makes perfect. I still am all thumbs for a couple of tries when I get a new atty. Once you've got it going the nice part is you can vape it for quite a while before needing to "practice" again.

Walk away from it when it's frustrating and come back when you are in the mood to tinker. It'll get easier and easier.

Last edited:

chancity

May 3, 2013
kansas
So I just wanted to update my thread after recoiling a SS mesh wick. Let me say the Z Atty Pro vaps like a boss. The vapor production and favor are amazing. I actually sat there for like 30 minutes and puffed on it, needless to say my living room was full of vapor and I had a raging headache haha. I also realized that I don't really like any of the favors I currently have using the Z Atty. I bought some Bobas and some other flavors to try it. Thanks for your help Huffelpuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread