Question about scratchy throat from smoking e cig

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyleax1

Apr 20, 2011
alabama
So first we tried 18mg menthol and my wife said it didn't eliminate her cravings for an analog.
Then we tried 24mg and that may be better I'm not sure, I def felt light headed after a few hits.

Both are PG. Both make my throat scratchy and it feels like I have a sore throat for hours after vaping(we are talking after about maybe 10 pulls) and both make my wife's chest hurt. One is a carto the other is a tank, we thought maybe a different smoking method might solve the problem, but it didn't.

I got redbull and strawberry in 24mg to try in the tanks. When I first tried them they both tasted good and very similar. However, two days later I vape the redbull tank and now it burns my tongue like a hot pepper and taste like cinnamon...whats up with that?

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
The reason is twofold here; you're using 100%PG and 24mg nicotine.

PG is harsh and it can make your throat dry. Both PG and VG will dehydrate you, but if you put a little VG into the juice that will help smooth it. You also need to increase the amount of water that you drink. This will help a lot as will decreasing the amount of nicotine in your juice.

guido61

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2011
Anzio (Rome, Italy)
I use a base of 50% PG, 40% VG, 10% water with 6 to 9mg/ml nico.
It works good on both cartoms and tanks.
The burning sensation is the nic. the longer you dont smoke analogs, the better you will taste flavors.
I started with 18mg/ml, and after 2 weeks it was already too strong.
Next batch of liquids will be 4,5mg/ml....
Ciao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread