Question about vape events...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombiecan

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2014
I am looking forward to attending the VapeBash 3 in Rosemont Illinois on April 11th and 12th as it will me first time attending such event. And I am a fairly new vaper. From the few things I have read it sounds like an awesome time. I have also read that vendors have discounted prices and that's why I've been working crazy amounts of overtime at work and have been saving for this event. Can someone that has attended give me an idea and how discounted the items are? Would it be worth the wait and end up getting more for my money. I've been wanting to upgrade my setup and I think this would be my opportunity to do so. Also how do the "free samples" or "swag" work at these events? Do they just hand out things to people walking by or do you have to ask if they have any free stuff? Don't get me wrong I'm not just going to snag free stuff left and right but I'm socially awkward and don't really talk to people lol and I know I would feel nervous and afraid to just ask for free stuff. But yeah any input would be greatly appreciated thank you for your time.

One more thing... What day would be better to attend? I'm probably going both days but just in case I can't make it both days. Also would it be better to be there right when it starts to later in the day? Thanks again

... Sent from my LG G2

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
i was just at DC vapefest this past weekend.

one way they handed out things was through a raffle. if you prepaid for your raffle you could put your email address on the back and they'd email you what you won to get your shipping address, etc. though, if you waited and bought them there, when you left you no longer had a chance of winning anything. if there's anything like that, look into the details of your particular event.

and that's one thing you really want to know. the devil is in the details. if there's something you may really want, you want to know as much about the details as you can to maximize your chances. for example, there were 24 ZNAs sold on friday this past weekend and 50 sold on saturday. they're nearly impossible to get your mitts on, so getting in line in time to be one of the first 50 was a necessity.

most of the vendors gave away little trinkets like an ego lanyard with their company name, if anything to just anyone who came up to their "booth". a lot of them gave away 0 mg juice bottles as taste testers... and every one that had juice to sell had a tasting booth with devices set up and a jug, jar, bag or other stash of tester condoms. always wear protection. though, there were a few vendors with prize wheels they'd spin if you bought anywhere from anything to at least a designated minimum monetary threshold or specific item. prizes ranged from free juice to small gift certificates to inexpensive to produce, but fun to win shwag. i won a t-shirt from vape dojo for example. also a few gave away other small ticket items. i got some free eko wool and wraps for the mvp 2s and vamo in the house.

but, yes, there were discounts on nearly everything and the big thing IMO was being able to taste juices from a couple dozen vendors and find some juices we liked for free and all in one spot. plus it was nice having a few hundred people (maybe over a thousand) vaping out an event hall and the bar area (basically the whole first floor) of a hotel.

if you're curious about something... ask, ask, ask... these are all people who more than likely rarely get to share their new passion with much more than a few friends and family members. everyone was very anxious to completely disassemble their gear, go routing through their backpacks, offer up a little wick or wire, have their friends (who were also eager) route through their stuff, etc., etc. ... just to share their passion with somebody new.

i had a few very enjoyable talks including getting the chance to shake hands with the zen master and meeting ocd, mrs. ocd and their daughter who said she remembered painting my ibtanked. it was a very cool, humbling experience to meet so many people who enjoyed a similar passion.

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
I went to VapeBash last year, and the turnout was larger than expected. The venue was not big enough. They have moved for this year. I'm not into partying so I went when they opened on Friday.

When you register, you get a giftbag, and there are many juice giveaways. I still have some from last year I haven't tried.

I didn't buy much so I can't answer that question. This year, I have a good idea of what I am interested in. If I don't find it there, I will get it elsewhere after the event. It is a good idea to know what things cost on average. But in general, stuff is at sale prices at vapemeets, and often at the end, it's even cheaper so the vendors don't have to pack it all up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread