Question about voltage to ohm ratio...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcp42877

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2012
Morrow
I've become an avid follower of several of the voltage charts online to help me decide which variable voltage on my eGo T upgrade I should use with my heads; 3.3 or 4.2...

While I've gotten pretty good Vapes from matching the correct ratio, I was intrigued the other day hanging out with my buddy who is a pro at all things vape, to say the least.

He uses an ego twist with a Phoenix rebuildable atomizer. Well he was fiddling with his atty the other day making a new coil he said was about 1.6-1.9 ohms in resistance. Thing is, he uses 4.8 voltage on his battery. Won't this fry something?! Yet he never has problems with something burning or popping.

I attached his battery to my Vivi nova with a 2.8 ohm head and the vape was phenomenal!!! If it was that good and warm at that resistance, how can he even stand using 4.8 on his 1.6 ohm coil?!

I'm only wondering, because its making me think I should try my 4.2 voltage on my own battery and the 1.8 ohm head I'm currently using.

I'm just nervous something will fry :/

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Lol you'll be fine. The sweet spot for a lot of people is the resistance of the atomizer plus 2 to give you the ballpark for best flavor and vape. Obviously you can adjust this down or up a bit for individual preference but it comes pretty close.

In your case 1.8ohms plus 2 equals 3.8 volts......0.6 volts isnt going to fry the atty but it might shorten its life considerably.

jcp42877

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2012
Morrow
Try it
It should work.
If it doesn't I'll PayPal you $2

Holy crap.... I've been missing out on this for almost 4 weeks now just because I was nervous...

didnt do all that great first. But then I noticed some lint was on the battery connection and I blew some black specks put of the tank...now it's amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread