Question re: Kidney Puncher SS316L SPOOLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
Hoping someone can tell me how durable Kidney Puncher wire SPOOLS are?

Looking to replenish my supply of 28 ga. SS 316L wire. 100’ of wire will probably last me a long, long time, so I want to spool to do the same.

I’ve been using UD SS 316L wire up to now - which has a very durable spool with lots of holes in the lip that make storage a breeze. Bought some Lightning vape (Kanthal) wire a while back and the spools were so thin and brittle that they almost immediately started chipping and cracking. Won’t go there again. Temco SS 316L wire is back-ordered 3 months.

Kidney Puncher carries some “mod Guard” atty spacers that I could use and I came across their wire, so...

Reactions: stols001

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Funny you should ask - of all the spools of wire I have in my toolbox (15 spools?), the 100-foot spool of NiChrome wire from Kidney Puncher is the only one that is broken. It's a very sturdy spool, but arrived with the edges broken in three places. It looks beat up but still functions, so I don't care.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I've been happy with Temco SS316L from Amazon. The wire is good and the spools last longer than it takes to use up 100' of wire. I"ve seen no cracks or chips in the plastic.

It's been a while since I ordered wire from Kidney Puncher, but I never had spool cracks before from their wire. Maybe they changed vendors.

Reactions: Letitia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread