• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Questions about juices

Status
Not open for further replies.

JS33

Aug 31, 2011
Singapore
I ordered 2 bottles of juices from Customized Juices & PVs previously.
One bottle was Menthol, 70%PG/30%VG
The other was Watermelon Menthol, 70%PG/30%VG
Both were ordered with extra-cooling sensation, 0mg nicotine as i just wanted to test out the flavours first.

Okay so here's what I want to ask:
1. When i vaped the menthol flavour, it was a little too strong with the first few vapes, and it would often be too hard to "tarek". What does this mean? Do i have to get a lower PG or higher PG?

2. When i vaped the watermelon menthol, it was just nice to me, however the watermelon flavour is too "light". There is flavour, but I find it not enough to enjoy. Could someone help me out on this part?

3. If I want to buy, for example, just Watermelon flavour by itself, 70%PG/30%VG, 6mg nicotine, BUT I want to reduce the nicotine content by mixing in Menthol flavoured juice, what content should my Menthol flavoured juice be? 100%PG?

Oh and, if i order Menthol flavoured juice, should i order it with or without the extra-cooling sensation?

Sorry for all these newbie questions, I have been vaping for quite some time already, however I'm still quite confused with these stuff :blush:

Hope the seniors and pros out there can help me out with my newbie questions. Thanks!:laugh::laugh:

Rakkimaru

Sep 19, 2011
Christmas Island
OK. Newbie attempt at answering this, although I believe Trini should be the expert on this.

btw, I also had watermelon from the same supplier(he gave me free(during a brelatively large order)! woohoo!) the watermelon was great!

1. If too hard to tarek, do you mean throat hit? lower PG will reduce throat hit. (if i wrong, veterans please correct me.)

2. If you wan stronger flavour you may wish to have a higher PG %,
2.1 HOWEVER, it could be due to your PV too, a higher voltage(or lower resistance atty/carto) will generate more vapour which will in turn lead to better flavour.

3. Depends on how strong u want the Menthol flavour to be, more PG = stronger flavour. More VG = more vapour.
3.1Thus if you vaping your 70/30 now, and u think the vapour is just nice, then maybe your menthol should be 70/30 too(or u will not only dilute ur nicotine content, but also ur VG)!

but, like i said, i'm a newbie here, and is just speaking from my little knowledge, if got gurus around please correct me if i wrong. just trying to return to the community the pros taught me. tyvm.

*humble humble*
happy vaping!

Necromancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Vapers Haven
Getting customized juices if more of a trial and error thingy, because different people have different perception , like wat Rakki and snooke said, if you want more flavor go for more PG , lower PG less flavor less TH, VG mainly for vapor production.
if you want further instructions you can always use the comment box at checkout :)

A general guide for flavors:
Fruit Flavors goes well with 3.7-4.2
Strong flavors like coffee goes well with 4.2-6V
But that depends on your resistance of your atty/carto also

JS33

Aug 31, 2011
Singapore
OK. Newbie attempt at answering this, although I believe Trini should be the expert on this.

btw, I also had watermelon from the same supplier(he gave me free(during a brelatively large order)! woohoo!) the watermelon was great!

1. If too hard to tarek, do you mean throat hit? lower PG will reduce throat hit. (if i wrong, veterans please correct me.)

2. If you wan stronger flavour you may wish to have a higher PG %,
2.1 HOWEVER, it could be due to your PV too, a higher voltage(or lower resistance atty/carto) will generate more vapour which will in turn lead to better flavour.

3. Depends on how strong u want the Menthol flavour to be, more PG = stronger flavour. More VG = more vapour.
3.1Thus if you vaping your 70/30 now, and u think the vapour is just nice, then maybe your menthol should be 70/30 too(or u will not only dilute ur nicotine content, but also ur VG)!

but, like i said, i'm a newbie here, and is just speaking from my little knowledge, if got gurus around please correct me if i wrong. just trying to return to the community the pros taught me. tyvm.

*humble humble*
happy vaping!

Hi Rakkimaru,

Thanks for helping me out on my enquiries, it helps. And wow! How much did you order that time?!

JS33

Aug 31, 2011
Singapore
Usually, the flavours are mixed with certain ratios... Like 20% flavour, 80% total PG/VG.... So if you think certain flavour is too strong, just leave a remark to mix it with half the flavouring qty or whatever ratio you think should fit you... I did that with my coffee juices... I asked for half flavouring only...

Hi snooke_master, thanks for that info, didn't know I could do that until now!

JS33

Aug 31, 2011
Singapore
Getting customized juices if more of a trial and error thingy, because different people have different perception , like wat Rakki and snooke said, if you want more flavor go for more PG , lower PG less flavor less TH, VG mainly for vapor production.
if you want further instructions you can always use the comment box at checkout :)

A general guide for flavors:
Fruit Flavors goes well with 3.7-4.2
Strong flavors like coffee goes well with 4.2-6V
But that depends on your resistance of your atty/carto also

Hi Trinitrophenol,

Thanks for pointing that out to me. Regarding the general guide, may i know what does those numbers represent?

Domtine

Lim Peh
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2011
North Korea with Disneyland
There's still this thing which I'm having a problem with.
If I am to use Watermelon flavoured juice 70%PG/30%VG, 6mg Nicotine, and I want to lessen the Nicotine content by mixing it with Menthol flavoured juice, 0mg Nicotine.
What ratio of PG and VG should my Menthol flavoured juice be? 80%PG/20%VG? Or maybe even 100%PG?

All these numbers are percentage ratios. Google breaktru ejuice calculator and u can punch in the numbers to find the proper amounts to mix

JIMP-er46

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2012
LCMM
Hi Trinitrophenol,

Thanks for pointing that out to me. Regarding the general guide, may i know what does those numbers represent?

The numbers trini pointed out were voltage settings of yr pv for optimum vaping experience. If yours is e Apoloe APL-A580, u shld be able to adjust yr voltage. 3.3-4.2v. Btw, for mixing yr own watermelon menthol n reducing e nic content, dun worry too much abt e pg/vg ratios but rather watch e amt u pour in. 50% of 0nic + 50% 6mg shld bring it down to 3mg. But if u're a stickler for details, go get both of e same pg/vg ratio. Happy vaping!

JS33

Aug 31, 2011
Singapore
The numbers trini pointed out were voltage settings of yr pv for optimum vaping experience. If yours is e Apoloe APL-A580, u shld be able to adjust yr voltage. 3.3-4.2v. Btw, for mixing yr own watermelon menthol n reducing e nic content, dun worry too much abt e pg/vg ratios but rather watch e amt u pour in. 50% of 0nic + 50% 6mg shld bring it down to 3mg. But if u're a stickler for details, go get both of e same pg/vg ratio. Happy vaping!

Hi Rul46,

My Apoloe APL-A580 doesn't seem to be able to adjust. Hmm..
Thanks for your advice about mixing the juices!

Ryan Rayna Riaz

Verified Member
Nov 23, 2011
Singapore
I believe I have ordered something of the same and had some kinda similar effect that you're experiencing i.e. menthol too overpowering and such....but what I ordered was a weird blend of Watermelon, Raspberry, Vanilla and some mango I think...plus menthol and extra cooling sensation...initially the menthol stings, but after steeping the juice for a couple of days or so, it seems to get better.

Currynoah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I believe I have ordered something of the same and had some kinda similar effect that you're experiencing i.e. menthol too overpowering and such....but what I ordered was a weird blend of Watermelon, Raspberry, Vanilla and some mango I think...plus menthol and extra cooling sensation...initially the menthol stings, but after steeping the juice for a couple of days or so, it seems to get better.

You just love those Tutti Frutti flavas, donch you? :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread