Status
Not open for further replies.

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
I'm not going off of because the chip flashes Evolv but because of how well some work compared to others. And I'm not talking about 1st batch vs 3rd batch but each batch tends to not be consistent. As someone already stated you can flash the chip to say whatever like hana modz has done and with the crappy job hana modz has done with some mods sent out I don't doubt anything. Plus just because Evolv LLC is in America doesn't mean their built by the hundreds in America but instead "possible" I say built in China. These are theories and with the way American manufacturing has gone and how cheap it is to produce and have product shipped to America I wouldn't doubt this more than likely the case.

If the real chip is $50 and the aluminum billet case (which is not hard to build) cost $20 at most places and the rest of the device which is super cheap in materials than by no way no how at all should a authentic Hana Modz device cost $200+ Plus knowing how some Hana Modz have been received looking not up to participate for $200+ Where is the $200 in a Hana Modz? All I gotta do is buy a $50 authentic dna 30 chip, clean up my insides and I'll be good to go. So yep...

Btw plenty of proud American companies build their parts, computers, cars and more in China. Example: A $2000+ MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac, iPhone, iPad and more are built in China but designed in the US. 2nd Example: Kayfun designed in mother Russia built in Germany and Russian 91% designed in Russia built in China. And I hardly doubt Evolv chips are made in US but instead designed here and built in China - it's cheaper to build in China like everything else in America nowadays. And with this eliminates what you said about shipping cost of chips to China but again this is just theory - that's all.

You can compare it to whatever industry suits your needs, but im telling you that's not how it works in this particular situation.

No matter how many times you repeat the same argument, its not true.

There were NO hana clones shipped real DNA chips, ZERO, it didn't happen.

The evolv DNA chips are built in the US, that's what evolv does, builds chips. Nearly positive even the new chip they designed for Chinese manufacturer Innokin, will also be produced domestically, then shipped over.

And the simple answer regarding the Hana is they're not worth $250, but if the market will bear it (obv it will) then why not charge it? Also 95% of the issues with the real Hanas were due to quality control on parts/assembly and had nothing to do with the chips.

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
You can compare it to whatever industry suits your needs, but im telling you that's not how it works in this particular situation.

No matter how many times you repeat the same argument, its not true.

There were NO hana clones shipped real DNA chips, ZERO, it didn't happen.

The evolv DNA chips are built in the US, that's what evolv does, builds chips. Nearly positive even the new chip they designed for Chinese manufacturer Innokin, will also be produced domestically, then shipped over.

And the simple answer regarding the Hana is they're not worth $250, but if the market will bear it (obv it will) then why not charge it? Also 95% of the issues with the real Hanas were due to quality control on parts/assembly and had nothing to do with the chips.

hum.... been following this thread..... all that needs to be said is Evolv makes their own products in the USA and none were sent to China to be put in the clones made in China....and that's the facts....

Lyric Kayden might want to view these videos....

A PBusardo Video - My Visit To Evolv & Factory Tour - Part 2 - YouTube

A PBusardo Video - The Evolv/Innokin Collaboration - YouTube

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
I realize that the original is the Hana. What I meant is that it seems that other clones are being marketed as Clouper and they're not...thus the clones of a clone comment.

I have not seen clones being called the Cana other than the Cloupor , i know there are a ton of people out there that call every DNA clone a Cana which is not really accurate .

I have seen DNA clones called the Ana mod etc.. it really doesn't mean anything .

Most vendors just list the clones as a DNA 30 clone which is more accurate.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
As far as a real Evolve chip being in a Chinese clone , unless someone bought one and removed the chip it came with and installed an authentic Evolve board it does not exist . I do know quite a few chips say Evolve on startup , that means nothing .

A lot of clones also have the Hana mods logo and are pretty darn convincing , it's still a clone though.

MJBinNM

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2011
New Mexico
Sounds good, Thanks
Got mine in the mail today. The unit and packaging looks just like yours. It came with a 1/3 charged green battery, no company name. It definitely isn't a clouper. The clouper has a lugged screw for the negative side on the connector, (under the top sticker) this one doesn't. So far it's working and the ohm reading seems accurate.

Lyric Kayden

Feb 11, 2014
Manhattan, KS
Got mine in the mail today. The unit and packaging looks just like yours. It came with a 1/3 charged green battery, no company name. It definitely isn't a clouper. The clouper has a lugged screw for the negative side on the connector, (under the top sticker) this one doesn't. So far it's working and the ohm reading seems accurate.

Yeah I'm having zero issues still myself. Mine is vaping fantastic, ohms accurately reading right, not jumping in watts and no issues period. My local vape shop where I live sales the actual Cloupor DNA 30 which I would have bought one if they had green in stock. Today while picking up some Lazerous Vintage juice he asked to see my new DNA 30 to compare. The owner actually liked the version I received from Aspen Valley Vapes better than the actual Cloupor DNA 30's he's been selling. He liked the display, finish and 510 size plus the brass on the 510. He's actually placing a order with Aspen Valley Vapes to order a couple wholesale to resale himself. I did let him know this was not an actual Cloupor but instead made by without a doubt possibly KSD. He said he plans to leave it as a "non" Cloupor DNA 30 and see what the customer wants to buy the Cloupor or non Cloupor. He's checking with vendor through Aspen Valley Vapes to confirm the maker of this clone to list it properly.

Only time will tell how this DNA 30 clone holds up but I'm pretty positive about it. If all fails with it I'll order an authentic DNA 30 chip and use my box and be good to go. Maybe I'll call it my Hannah mod lol. This is why I don't get the whole Hana Modz because a chip, billet box, paint, wires and buttons don't cost this much. When others wake up and realize they can build the same with parts like Hana Modz are but with a huge price difference. Hana Modz if you can ask me is a rip off, maybe in the beginning it wasn't because it was the first of its kind with the style that we all now have clones. I eek this company going under if they keep this extreme price gauging.

Lyric Kayden

Feb 11, 2014
Manhattan, KS

How is your DNA 30 holding up? Mine is doing great so far with no issues but just wondering if yours is as well. Btw what color did you opt for?

MJBinNM

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2011
New Mexico
How is your DNA 30 holding up? Mine is doing great so far with no issues but just wondering if yours is as well. Btw what color did you opt for?
Seems to be working fine. I haven't noticed any random screen light ups or wattage jumping. I still loosen my tank overnight just in case.

My only complaint is that there is kind of a delay when waking...It doesn't seem to fire until it's done displaying the bogus "Evolve DNA" flash screen.

I got mine in basic black. Next thing I'm gonna do is try to put magnets in to hold the back on.

Lyric Kayden

Feb 11, 2014
Manhattan, KS
Seems to be working fine. I haven't noticed any random screen light ups or wattage jumping. I still loosen my tank overnight just in case.

My only complaint is that there is kind of a delay when waking...It doesn't seem to fire until it's done displaying the bogus "Evolve DNA" flash screen.

I got mine in basic black. Next thing I'm gonna do is try to put magnets in to hold the back on.

Yeah mine has that slight second delay when I go to fire and the Evolv DNA flashes up but then it's good to go. I've gotten use to it now and it's just normal for me to click once and next click again to fire.

The first day I played with mine I thought about the idea of magnets or something similar as well but then again I get a full day and a half of use on mine so I never remove the battery, I just plug it up at night as I go to bed and let it charge. With using the Russian 91% V2 I typically vape between 8 to 10 watts which works great. So with running the Russian 91% V2 between 8 to 10 watts I get a day and a half of battery life. I have not tested any RDA's as of yet but will in the future. I like RBA's better than RDA's and mostly because I don't get the whole dripping ordeal and maybe I would if I cloud chased but yeah. lol. But I would like to eventually find at RDA that I truly like and use the RDA when I'm at home and what not but for on the go my Russian is the best. Plus the Russian is a beast and pairs extremely well with the DNA 30.

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
Mine has been working well.
I dont have the bogus "Evolv" on wakeup. Usually a double click of the power button gets it firing right away.
No wattage jumping around.
It does occasionally "wakeup" (screen turns on) by itself after falling to sleep - with no interaction from me.
The power indicator stays red when plugged in. seems like forever. I have never seen it green - and it would be nice to have a cut out in front of the LED, but mine does not have one.
The battery indicator empties, but I have never pushed it to where it stops firing, so I dont know if that floor exists. When the battery indicator is empty the battery is at about 3.5v, so I slap it on the charger then. No reason to overtax the battery IMO - Li batteries last longer when they are used between 20 and 80% most of the time as I recall.

peestandingup

Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida, USA

I guess. But IMO, just because some people will pay it doesn't mean its still not a rip off. Same as charging $200 for an authentic battery holder (mod) with pretty designs. Yes, some people bite, but still.

If they don't like others cloning their stuff, here's an idea: Don't charge so much in the first place. Because honestly, it isn't that special.

Lyric Kayden

Feb 11, 2014
Manhattan, KS
Mine has been working well.
I dont have the bogus "Evolv" on wakeup. Usually a double click of the power button gets it firing right away.
No wattage jumping around.
It does occasionally "wakeup" (screen turns on) by itself after falling to sleep - with no interaction from me.
The power indicator stays red when plugged in. seems like forever. I have never seen it green - and it would be nice to have a cut out in front of the LED, but mine does not have one.
The battery indicator empties, but I have never pushed it to where it stops firing, so I dont know if that floor exists. When the battery indicator is empty the battery is at about 3.5v, so I slap it on the charger then. No reason to overtax the battery IMO - Li batteries last longer when they are used between 20 and 80% most of the time as I recall.

Same here with keeping the battery charged. Basically it's like any battery whether it be a laptop, cellphone or anything. I notice my battery indicator go from red to green but it takes forever. Plus the green light for the battery charged is no where nearly as bright as the red light so the green is harder to notice when it's fully or this could also be due to my DNA 30 being green as well - where the green is not as bright that is.

Lyric Kayden

Feb 11, 2014
Manhattan, KS
I guess. But IMO, just because some people will pay it doesn't mean its still not a rip off. Same as charging $200 for an authentic battery holder (mod) with pretty designs. Yes, some people bite, but still.

If they don't like others cloning their stuff, here's an idea: Don't charge so much in the first place. Because honestly, it isn't that special.

Amen to that and this is exactly what I've been thinking.

MJBinNM

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2011
New Mexico
...He's checking with vendor through Aspen Valley Vapes to confirm the maker of this clone to list it properly...

Was the guy at the B&M able to find out who makes the DNA30 clone that Aspen Valley Vapes sells? I'm really happy with it.

Got a new Fogger V4.1 coming...can't wait to see how that works on it.

themyst

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2009
Whitestone, NY
Looks like I accidentally bought one of these clone of a clone mods. Is there any forum thread specific to this model? White box, regular microUSB cable, definitely not a "genuine" Cloupor.

Trying to see if its any good for $63.50 shipped. If not, I'll just return it on their dime considering their auction specifically stated Cloupor Cana.

MJBinNM

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2011
New Mexico
Looks like I accidentally bought one of these clone of a clone mods. Is there any forum thread specific to this model? White box, regular microUSB cable, definitely not a "genuine" Cloupor.

Trying to see if its any good for $63.50 shipped. If not, I'll just return it on their dime considering their auction specifically stated Cloupor Cana.
Sounds like you got the same one I did.

I've had it about a month now and it has never done the random wake-up. The only issue I've had is with the connector. Not sure if it wasn't actually caused by my fogger. After a couple weeks, the insulator on the center pin compressed to the point it was shorting. Replaced with one from a connector I had laying around, but that only lasted about a week.

I ended up getting a spring loaded 22mm connector from Varitube. It was kind of a PITA to get it in, but now it works like a champ. I looked at the Fat Daddy mods connector, but I liked the fact that the Varitube connector is thinner. It fits perfectly in the recessed drip well and is almost completely flush with the top of the mod.

I also added some magnets for the back. The internal charging seems to work, but I've only used it a couple times. It's more convenient for me to just change it out.

Here's the connector:
9e40cbc47534549652d3b9fe39f28aab.jpg

The magnets:
223934464b7ee302dcea85f426984e07.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread