Status
Not open for further replies.

lazyymatt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2012
Las Vegas
Hey guys,

I'm finally going to dip my toes in the world of DIY e juices and I had a quick question about making the nicotine base.

I'm going to be buying my nicotine from Wizards Labs:

- 500ml. (36mg nicotine) 50/50 (PG/VG)
- 500ml. VG

One of my acquaintances on the forums suggested that I should just go straight to mixing my nicotine and VG into one nicotine base. I'm probably going to be using 18mg. juices with around a 30/70 (PG/VG ratio)... so that would mean 50/50 of each solution to cut the solution from 36mg. to 18mg right?

1) My question is... Once I do that how long does it take for the nicotine to be cut in half? Would I have to leave or mix the new solution for awhile in order to let it settle down to the new levels or does it just happen pretty instantaneously and ready for mixing?

2) Also, I probably won't be able to store my nicotine in a freezer like I've read most people do so I was thinking of just buying 4 (8oz.) Amber bottles (240ml. capacity each) and mix (in my case all 1000ml. of solution) and distribute it amongst the bottles and store it away in a tool chest in my closet or something. Would that be okay? Would having the amber bottles (with the polycone caps) keep the nicotine base from degrading or oxidizing and ruining the batch? If not, how else should I store it if putting it in a freezer is not an option...

3) When creating and mixing flavors:

For example, I want to make a 30ml. bottle of a certain flavor, can I just use that nicotine base I made (18mg.) and put 25.5ml. into a 30ml. bottle and add flavorings (depending on the flavor percentage) to make my own flavored juices?

I hope my questions aren't too noob-like and would appreciate all the help I can before I get started with the whole process. Thanks and I hope to hear from you all soon.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Welcome to DIY! To answer your questions:
1- The nic concentration is immediately at whatever level you mix it at, I usually give it a hot water bath and shake it well to make sure it is well mixed.
2- Store your nic in a cool dark place, keeping it in the freezer will help to slow the oxidation process for long term storage
3- I mix up my base 250 ml at a time and keep it in the fridge, when I want to mix a new batch of juice I add 6 ml of my flavorings to a 30 ml bottle and top it off with my base (I use flavorings at 20%) Just remember to mix your nic level in the base higher to account for flavoring in the final juice ie I mix my base at 18% nic, after flavoring the final % is around 15%
Hope this helps, have fun and enjoy the journey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread