Quit zits? Does smoking cure acne?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kind Head

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
St. Louis
I've read about the "quit zits" and seen a few members talk about getting them. I was wondering how the phenomena works. I know it doesn't affect everyone. It's been 6 days since I switched from analog cigarettes to vaping. I've had 2 analogs in those six days. I haven't experienced any acne problems. I've actually noticed the opposite effect. I've always seemed to have a little acne during my smoking years. In this past week though, I have noticed less acne. Hopefully this isn't just a good week, and it just comes back.

I was wondering why the "quit zits" occur. What is it exactly that causes the acne outbreaks when quitting? Since the acne outbreak occurs when you stop smoking, is there a possibility that smoking would help heal acne in some? Sounds crazy right? Cure acne with smoking cigarettes, LOL. I could see the commercials now. Big tobacco can market to the youth claiming to cure acne with smoking.

Is it a chemical in the analogs that causes this, is it a chemical in the e-liquid that causes this, or is it just simply stress from quitting that causes it. I know stress can cause acne, so I wondered if that had something to do with it.

Anyone know much about the "quit zit" phenomena? Did you personally experience it, or did anybody notice less acne when they quit?

Kind Head

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
St. Louis

TacoGato

Verified Member
Apr 17, 2012
USA
I quit smoking a little over a month ago. I have never had zits in my life now my skin looks horrible. I have no idea what to do. I have never had so many pimples and zits on my face. There are more occuring now then my entire 27 years of life. I would love for it to stop

This is exactly my story right now. Exactly! Since you wrote this January, can you give me any tips on how to make it stop?

OnnaB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
GA
I got my first pimple when I was 17. Mom said, "You're a teenager...they will go away after a while". Sigh....I am now 48 and still have acne...lol. However, since I began vaping, I don't get many zits and the blackheads are reducing in number, too. I DO have a seriously greasy face...never had it this bad before. I think the acne and whatnot is your body cleansing itself...trying to breathe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread