Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Indiana
We have a community box set up with package lockers for larger items. Our carrier can't manage to get the keys for the lockers in the correct boxes. I request signature delivery whenever possible. She tried leaving a slip a couple of times, but quickly figured out that trick doesn't work if she doesn't at least drive by the house. I am usually sitting the porch watching for tracking on my phone.

curmudgeon1

Jun 30, 2014
Western NY
Im happy to hear you finally caught up with the mailman.

I have a pretty good relationship with my mailman.
I have him trained to bring packages down our 100 yard driveway and put them inside the door. I have cigars sent through the mail alot and dont want them sitting in heat or cold. The mailman is a great guy and very trainable. The hardest part was getting him to trust my dog pack, they can be quite intimidating.

MechanicalsAndRDAs

Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Fairfield, California, USA
So if you guys feel like indulging in a long short story about my day today while you sit back and enjoy your vape I'd be happy to share.

About a week ago me and my wife moved across country to San Diego CA. During the move I ordered a Zenith V2 and some juice from velvet cloud to enjoy when I got to my new place. Well after lots of waiting today was the day!

I signed up for text updates on my tracking and this morning it said out for delivery :). I have to say I was more than excited. I've been running an atomic rda on my Hana for a while. And I have heard nothing but good things about velvet.

1018 am my phone beeps. "Could this be it?" I though to myself. Indeed it was. Your package had been delivered. Praise the vape God's that chose to shine there lights upon me tonight. Little did I know, the vape God's are jokesters.

I walked outside half expecting to see it on my doorstep (I live in a town home complex with no front office, just consolidated mailboxes). Well I didn't see it there. Let me back track just a smidge and say this was the first time I have checked my mail since I have lived here. I went to the mailbox and opened box number 6, which is of course my box. The key opened it up just fine. Inside were two letters addressed unit number 10. NOT MY Unit!

After I was finished seeing red I gathered my thoughts and called the local post office. "we can try to contact the driver but we can't make you any promises sir."

After two hours of no response I decided to visit the office myself and speak to the manager. After waiting in line for about 20 minutes he informed me the mailman would be at this address in 5 minutes. I raced back to my car and made every green light between me and this address I had plugged in to my gps. I was greeted with a couple flipping through the mail in front of there box.

"have you guys seen the mailman? "

" you just missed him, boss. "

" any idea where he went? "

" no, sorry man"

Well [Moderated]. I drove around the neighborhood to no avail for about an hour. It was about 2pm. I called the office back and they said the only thing they could do is have me come back to the office and wait for the mailman. He should be there between 4 and 5. In my desperation it sounded great.

I went back to the office and the mailman walked in the door at 430. He told me he was positive that my package was delivered to my box and there must be some mistake. He clocked out and grabbed the car and told me to meet him back in my complex. I followed him back to my house and he told me to open my box. I stuck my key in to box 6. He said no sir yours is box ten. I said no this one is mine, my landlord told me so. I turned the key and opened box 6. He said wow that's not supposed to happen. That box belongs to the guy that lives in unit 10. Open box 10. I stuck my key in, opened the box, and now I am running my favorite build in one of the best attys I've ever tried. Thanks awesome mailman. You saved the day.
huquzynu.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Good read, good story, good job, good day, good ending, good rda, good dna, good determination, goodness it's late!
So if you guys feel like indulging in a long short story about my day today while you sit back and enjoy your vape I'd be happy to share.

About a week ago me and my wife moved across country to San Diego CA. During the move I ordered a Zenith V2 and some juice from velvet cloud to enjoy when I got to my new place. Well after lots of waiting today was the day!

I signed up for text updates on my tracking and this morning it said out for delivery :). I have to say I was more than excited. I've been running an atomic rda on my Hana for a while. And I have heard nothing but good things about velvet.

1018 am my phone beeps. "Could this be it?" I though to myself. Indeed it was. Your package had been delivered. Praise the vape God's that chose to shine there lights upon me tonight. Little did I know, the vape God's are jokesters.

I walked outside half expecting to see it on my doorstep (I live in a town home complex with no front office, just consolidated mailboxes). Well I didn't see it there. Let me back track just a smidge and say this was the first time I have checked my mail since I have lived here. I went to the mailbox and opened box number 6, which is of course my box. The key opened it up just fine. Inside were two letters addressed unit number 10. NOT MY Unit!

After I was finished seeing red I gathered my thoughts and called the local post office. "we can try to contact the driver but we can't make you any promises sir."

After two hours of no response I decided to visit the office myself and speak to the manager. After waiting in line for about 20 minutes he informed me the mailman would be at this address in 5 minutes. I raced back to my car and made every green light between me and this address I had plugged in to my gps. I was greeted with a couple flipping through the mail in front of there box.

"have you guys seen the mailman? "

" you just missed him, boss. "

" any idea where he went? "

" no, sorry man"

Well [Moderated]. I drove around the neighborhood to no avail for about an hour. It was about 2pm. I called the office back and they said the only thing they could do is have me come back to the office and wait for the mailman. He should be there between 4 and 5. In my desperation it sounded great.

I went back to the office and the mailman walked in the door at 430. He told me he was positive that my package was delivered to my box and there must be some mistake. He clocked out and grabbed the car and told me to meet him back in my complex. I followed him back to my house and he told me to open my box. I stuck my key in to box 6. He said no sir yours is box ten. I said no this one is mine, my landlord told me so. I turned the key and opened box 6. He said wow that's not supposed to happen. That box belongs to the guy that lives in unit 10. Open box 10. I stuck my key in, opened the box, and now I am running my favorite build in one of the best attys I've ever tried. Thanks awesome mailman. You saved the day.
huquzynu.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

iamthevoice

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
Ottawa, Canada
Our mailman is the best! My wife receives packages and letters from Russia all the time; as soon as he sees a package from Russia, he comes to deliver it (instead of leaving the pick-up cards) every time! Admittedly, we're pretty convinced he's in love with my wife! Added side benefit is he now also brings my packages over instead of leaving them in the box!

It pays to give your mailman a Christmas present and card!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread