Quitting Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caro123

Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia
my theory, many many years ago I was prone to panic attacks (created by at least one component - faulty breathing techniques) I wonder if by vaping or smoking for that matter one regulates the breath in some manner- just a thought

I also am pretty certain that having "something" to reach for would be a biggie for me - perhaps the reason so many gain weight when quitting smoking cold turkey so to speak

I do hope if YOU feel the need to give up vaping that you keep a nice little set handy in case you get a "smoke" urge

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Badditude again posted what I was about to say... I am no doctor, but I have done tonnes of research on Nicotine and smoking. How smoking addiction works, and what happens. So, take this info from a non-expert.

Nicotine affects the dopamine receptors in your brain. It was intensified by other chemicals in a cigarette. When you switched to Ecigarettes, it still triggered the dopamine receptors from the nicotine, but got rid of a lot of other garbage that went with the regular cigarettes.

You gradually weened yourself off of the NIcotine.. but.. the dopamine receptors have made permanent connections. This is why there are so many relapses from people who have quit cigarettes, and why stressful situations cause relapses. You have the addiction to inhaling a substance, and the physical aspect of smoking. Vaping fills most of those gaps, since it is used in a similar method to smoking. It is also why it is a more effective means to stop the cigarettes.

IF you can stop the physical aspect, by all means, go for it. Try weening yourself, or try to break the habits you already have.. if you normally vape while driving or on the computer, then change those habits. Vape in the kitchen, or somewhere else you normally don't vape. One day, you may kick the habit entirely, but I would keep an ecig handy.. I would rather you be vaping then turning full circle and smoking again.

Reactions: Steelgirl

MotherOfCats

Jun 23, 2015
Ohio
For me, the addiction was as much the physical habit of sticking something in my mouth and puffing on it (no wise cracks, please :pervy:) as it was the nicotine. I tried everything to quit and it never worked until I started vaping for that reason. It could be that you are just so used to smoking on something that your brain feels a need to keep doing it.
I'm the same. I actually switched from smoking to 0 nicotine right off the bat because I'm in it for the action more than the fix. Worse thing I had to deal with was being ...... at every customer I had a work for about 3 days.

Charlice

Verified Member
Jun 25, 2015
Sydney, Australia
I think it becomes a hobby and hobbies are hard to quit ... especially if you enjoy them.

I stopped smoking with a friend and he went straight to zero nicotine, I started on 12mg and am now happy on 6. We both vape the same amount, it's the hand to mouth thing, I think that's the addiction ;)

Ou2mame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2015
Long island
I'm the same. I actually switched from smoking to 0 nicotine right off the bat because I'm in it for the action more than the fix. Worse thing I had to deal with was being ...... at every customer I had a work for about 3 days.
Yeah I went through the ...... off mood for a few days. I thought it was hysterical how over reactive i was.

Reactions: MotherOfCats

Steelgirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Houston, Tx
I still hope to not be dependent on vaping like I was to cigarettes. Like many others, I have an addictive personality (maybe it's a gene) I do dig vaping A LOT. I just need to force myself to slow it down some so that I don't end up feeling like a reluctant vapor, like I felt like a reluctant smoker.

Reactions: Triple777
Hi,
A word of advice and some venting from a e. Cig. User that started in 2009, worked at vape shop 3 years and has cut down to a few hits a day currently. Try replacingthe habit of puttin. A e. Cig. In your mouth with a straw or open pen plastic cylinder. This is the only method of quiting that has worked with me. I take deep breaths like im hitting a mech mod and for the most part my cravings fade away. my earlier attempts quit vaping have been extremely painful witout this method as i was a Chain vaper for 7 years and without vaping every couple hours i felt like i was suffocating. With this method i have cut down 95 percent of what i usually vape and plan quit comfortably by the end of august. for those of you trying quit the addiction to nicotine and its negative side effects try this out

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I am at 3mg now. I don't think that my efforts to go lower will be as beneficial as just leaving my vaporizer sit out of sight. If I have it in front of me, I will vape it, but if it is out of my line of sight, I vape it less. Getting away from the hand-to-mouth habit is my next target.

I just got to 3mg, so that plan is a month or two away.

Last edited:

The Eciginator

Ultra Member
Jul 27, 2015
When I first began this journey I started at 24mg, over 3 years I became comfortable with 3mg. Now I've discovered subohming and find 1.5mg perfect! Will I ever quit vaping? Not unless a reputable study finds something inherently more deadly than all the other crap we eat, drink and breathe on a daily basis!:) Heck, it's just too much damn fun n' tasty!:thumbs:

Reactions: Hitcat44
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread