Rawr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been analog free for over 53 hrs! This is my longest in the last 10 years of smoking 2 -2.5 packs per day. Right now I could use some support though! vaping doesnt deliver like a cigarette for the most part. Cigarettes are instant nic, and it seems to take a good number of draws to receive the same effect from vaping. Goal is to never smoke another analog again....so glad I tried vaping! I have been trhough tobacco cessation classes a million times, have been on Chantix, Zyban, the patch, EVERYTHING, most times in combination and havent been able to quit.

adeline

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Cary, NC
Hey there! Congrats on staying away from the cancer sticks. It's a BIG deal and a huge accomplishment. I'll raise my Joye with delicious caramel apple to you!
Your story is like mine and so many others.. patches, gums, candies, cold turkey, it all sucks!

Vaping requires an adjustment, but it looks like you're getting it. When you get that craving just puff on your PV for a few minutes. Focus on a slow, long draw and hold that vapor in your mouth/nose if you can -- that's where the nicotine is absorbing. Don't feel bad about hitting it too much or too often -- your body is withdrawing from the 3,998 other chemicals it's used to having.

What PV are you using? Do you like it? Having any issues? Please ask questions, there are folks here to help!!

Have you tried different juices in different levels of nicotine? Stepping up your nicotine might help curb some of those cravings.

Best of luck, welcome of course, and HAPPY vaping!! :D

qwertylesh

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2010
Australia
the amount of satisfaction depends on what your after, if you want a strong ecig with little flavour but really emulates smoking, you actually shouldnt look for an ecig that resembles a smoke, you need one with a large atomizer to produce nice amounts of vapor (theres also resistance and voltage, but lets leave that for another time)

Let us know what PV you are using, and juices, what ejuices at what level of nic :D

Maz

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
UK
To echo the above really, you probably aren't on a high enough nic level to really do it for you. The other option is to alter your device, standard batteries are next to useless in reality. Start looking at the bigger battery "mods" for increased power and battery life even at 3.7v.

First of all though go higher on your juice, you haven't mentioned what density you are using, but if it's 14mg go up to 24, if it's 24 try 36 etc.

You'll be fine mate..

Krisb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
OH
Echo what the others have said. Sounds like you need to up your nic level. If I'm on a level that's a bit too high for me I can definitely tell right away. And, I agree with Maz, if increasing your nic level isn't quite enough, a mod is the way to go.

I know many think they have to work up to a mod and they look intimidating, but they are (for the most part) just as easy to use as a standard e-cig. I, personally, have never read a post on here that said they went up to a mod, hated it and went back to a standard...but have seen hundreds of posts stating they went to a mod and will never look back. All e-cigs and mods have basically the same components-battery and either an atomizer cart/drip tip combo, or a cartomizer.

ropetrick

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2010
Athens, GA
54 hours now! You're doing fantastic if you've made it past two days. It does sound like you need a higher nicotine level, at least temporarily, so you might think about that bumping that up a little. Don't get above 36. Throat hit is good too, so if you have options try to give yourself that to help replace the analogs. PG-based liquids might help.

Big thing is: don't worry. You're doing well, and doing things right. If it helps any, I tried to keep smoking analogs after I started vaping, and it was just so disgusting I gradually tapered off. I'd rather vape now. You'll be there too, and sooner than you think.

thymetraveler

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
Brigantine, NJ
Yay for you!!
I'm coming up on 80 hrs without an analog, & already feel a difference in my lung capacity.
Almost fell off the wagon yesterday, tho, charged all my batteries on the usb, which turned out to be faulty. I hope the supplier makes good on it.
What i did was take a long bath & went to bed, fortunately the ac charger worked!
I'm probably going to get the mega atty for my ego, reviews say it gives a lot more vapor production & a better TH. Those 2 areas are what i'm missing. Stick with it, it's worth it!

The Fool

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2010
St. Louis
Klaven, Welcome to the forum. It's great that you reached out to us and let us know you could use our support..YOU GOT IT!!
We are here for you! Each and every one of us has been right where you are now. I add to the sentiment that a higher nic level might make you more comfortable. I'd also add to vape often, it takes longer for the nic to get into your system through vaping. For my first few months I carried around nic lozenges in my vaping kit if vaping wasn't cutting it, that helped me get over a couple of rough spots. Hang in there, keep reading and let us know how it goes. Best of Luck!

You guys are all awesome! Thanks so much for the support. I am using 24mg cartridges on the KR808. I bought like 50 cart's, with a couple that were different flavors and such in the case that the main flavor I ordered didnt cut it. I have some 36mg carts (5 of them) but I dont like them very well. Those ones are WOW methols and the have a weird throat hit that I think is a little too much for me. I ordered everything from vapor4life.com, so it's their products I am using- pretty happy with them! So far so good...have two and a half packs of analogs left (the opened pack in my pocket) and I still havent went back. I am SO HAPPY! Definately some learn curves and pains with the e-cigs though....I still havent completely figured out how to draw properly or to realize when the cart is empty or when the battery is dead. I keep setting carts that I think are dead aside, and come back to them later with a new battery and they work fine lol. I'm sure over time it will all come to me. I am ALREADY noticing I can breath better!! Truly a miracle, one that will likeyl save my life.

Anyone have any recommendations on flavors for carts? Just curious what some people think are the best so I can give them a try. I am in the military and deployed to Afghanistan, and mail takes FOREVER so I am trying to plan out my next order even though I just received my first. So far I am using one 24mg cart per day in comparison to 2 -2.5 packs per day, the cost savings is great! Cant wait to get used to this and start making my own juice =) I will likely stay lazy for a while though and just keep buying carts until I get home and can start my own workshop.

The Fool

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2010
St. Louis
Klave, Thank you so much for your service! Vapor4life is a great company, I'm glad the kr8 is working for you. I was a 2 1/2 pack a day smoker also and 24mg is what I use. Hang on to all your used cartomizers, because they are refillable. Let us know what brand of cigarettes you smoked and what flavors you've liked so far and maybe that will help us make recommendations. I smoked Marlboro Light 100's and 555 is my all day vape.

beentheredonethat

Verified Member
Oct 13, 2010
Texas
Klaven, what worked for me was to buy a couple of 30 ml bottles of a standard tobacco flavor ("USA Mix" from cignot) and then a bunch of different flavors in the sample sizes. Using an empty sample bottle (5ml) I'd mix the tobacco flavor with one of the flavors in about a 1 to 4 ratio. I've settled on English Toffee, Strawberry and Turkish Blend. Filling your own carts is very easy, all you need is some juice and a "universal cart tool" (a straightened out paper clip) to help press the fill a bit to get a full fill.

Thanks for your service and stay safe!

Vidi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Been analog free for over 53 hrs! This is my longest in the last 10 years of smoking 2 -2.5 packs per day. Right now I could use some support though! Vaping doesnt deliver like a cigarette for the most part. Cigarettes are instant nic, and it seems to take a good number of draws to receive the same effect from vaping. Goal is to never smoke another analog again....so glad I tried vaping! I have been trhough tobacco cessation classes a million times, have been on Chantix, Zyban, the patch, EVERYTHING, most times in combination and havent been able to quit.

Grast on staying off cigs for 53 hours. You can do this.

You're right vaping does not deliver the nicotine as quickly as cigarettes do. Also some of the addiction has nothing to do with nicotine. Our bodies get addicted to all those horrible chemicals big tobaaco puts into cigs as well.

If you find yourself vaping nearly constantly at first do not panic. Many of us ( myself included ) went through this. Also, like others have said, you might need to up your nicotine content in your juice. This is not a failing on your part, we are all different and some of us just require more nic to be satified. I started at 36mg and tapered down to 24mg ( though some days Im back on 36 ) and have even gotten through the day on some 12mg juice that was given to me as a sample( though I vaped near constantly on 12mg )

If you are already vaping at 36mg, then do not go higher. Anyhting higher than that is really pushing it.

Lastly, and I almost don't want to say this, if you need an analog cigarette to get you through a particularly bad spot, do not beat yourself up for it. I went through three weeks and three different kinds of e cigs until I finally got my 510 and was able to get off cigs completely. Just stick with it find the juice that works for you and youll be off those horrible things once and for all.

ScotTex

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2010
Houston, Texas
WTG!
I love how I no longer have the intense urge for a morning smoke, but still have a few triggers like; going outside (I have to take my eGo with me outside), after lunch and dinner, and after having some fun with the ladies. ;-D

I use to smoke 25 cigarettes a day, I now vape 24mg throughout my day, more heavily in the evening.
Even though I don't feel a huge craving for it when I wake up I still vape a bit in the morning and I make sure I vape good around lunch to avoid a nicotine low.

xg4bx

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2010
Phillipsburg, New Jersey
You guys are all awesome! Thanks so much for the support. I am using 24mg cartridges on the KR808. I bought like 50 cart's, with a couple that were different flavors and such in the case that the main flavor I ordered didnt cut it. I have some 36mg carts (5 of them) but I dont like them very well. Those ones are WOW methols and the have a weird throat hit that I think is a little too much for me. I ordered everything from vapor4life.com, so it's their products I am using- pretty happy with them! So far so good...have two and a half packs of analogs left (the opened pack in my pocket) and I still havent went back. I am SO HAPPY! Definately some learn curves and pains with the e-cigs though....I still havent completely figured out how to draw properly or to realize when the cart is empty or when the battery is dead. I keep setting carts that I think are dead aside, and come back to them later with a new battery and they work fine lol. I'm sure over time it will all come to me. I am ALREADY noticing I can breath better!! Truly a miracle, one that will likeyl save my life.

Anyone have any recommendations on flavors for carts? Just curious what some people think are the best so I can give them a try. I am in the military and deployed to Afghanistan, and mail takes FOREVER so I am trying to plan out my next order even though I just received my first. So far I am using one 24mg cart per day in comparison to 2 -2.5 packs per day, the cost savings is great! Cant wait to get used to this and start making my own juice =) I will likely stay lazy for a while though and just keep buying carts until I get home and can start my own workshop.

congrats.

as for drawing, slower, deliberate draws. give the atty a chance to do the work for you, don't pull like a fish gasping for air.

when a cart is getting empty you'll know it lol, it'll start taking on a burnt taste. i've been at this a few months and still do the same thing with a new battery and a cart i thought was finished. but when it's truly done you'll know.

if you haven't gotten one already i'd definitely recommend getting a charger case for your 808, it'll hold an extra battery and a couple carts and give you 3 or 4 charges when you're on the go.

i don't know the situation with the military and mailing tobacco or if they have them on base but i'd recommend either buying or having somebody send you some snus for when you have a cig craving and need a little extra "oomph".

Last edited:

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
Klaven, congrats and hang tough...it WILL get better. I'm 3 weeks in coming off a 40+ a day roll your own habit and everyday it gets a little easier. I have had maybe 10 analogs in that 3 week period (although none in the last 6 days) but didn't beat myself up over it because, hey..my hand rolled drummies and I go WAY back and quitting them was sad...and scary and a little bit like losing a long time lover. Unless I missed it in your post I didn't see you mention direct dripping. If you haven't dripped you might give that a try when you are having a tough craving. Good th and flavor, and because you will be more preoccupied with dripping (3 drops every 5-7 hits) it might take your mind off of having a real one. But if you do find that you need a real smoke to get by then don't sweat it and have one. There is a real possibility that when you fire it up you will find like I did that it now tastes like crap and smells even worse. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread