RBA Noobie Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyric

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2012
Louisville, Ky
So about to get my innokin SVD, and my AGA T+ this week. So i figured I would so some research on coils, and Wicks before they get here.

For the SVD since it's VV and VW, would I be better off getting 28,30, or 32 Gauge Kanthal ?

I found a site where you can get Kanthal for hella cheap.

Kanthal Wire 30 Gauge RW0107 - 100 FT 0.39oz Series A-1 Resistance AWG

Kanthal Wire 32 Gauge RW0097 - 100 FT 0.25oz Series A-1 Resistance AWG

They have pretty much any gauge a-1 Kanthal you would like.

I tend to stick with tobacco Type flavors (BOBAS!) and some Pluid which will be my main vapes.

Been_Verbed

Mar 11, 2013
United States
The same company sells Kanthal on eBay, which is over priced at the moment due to a shortage. Here it shows it for a whole lot less but it says its "built to order in 4 weeks". I believe that means it will take a month for them to ship it out. Maybe try waiting a week or so before ordering, but from my experience this is a great company to get all your Kanthal. They also have non resistance wire along with nichrome.

Cyric

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2012
Louisville, Ky
The same company sells Kanthal on eBay, which is over priced at the moment due to a shortage. Here it shows it for a whole lot less but it says its "built to order in 4 weeks". I believe that means it will take a month for them to ship it out. Maybe try waiting a week or so before ordering, but from my experience this is a great company to get all your Kanthal. They also have non resistance wire along with nichrome.

if you put it in your cart and read the fine print it says they take it off their stock and ship it same or next day, usuallly arrives within 3 days.

JiGGLiN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2011
Los Angeles
if you put it in your cart and read the fine print it says they take it off their stock and ship it same or next day, usuallly arrives within 3 days.

I ordered some of the 32 AWG and it got to me around than 3-5 days. I was worried it would take 4 weeks so I also bought some on ebay from another seller. The ebay coils arrived a day or two earlier, shortly followed by my Temco order.

They sent me an email when they sent it out. FWIW- it's USA made stuff, if that is important to you; don't know where my ebay coils were made.

Hello World

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2012
Vancouver
I wouldn't roll my wicks until I had the AGA right in front of me.

32 - 28 ga Kanthal is the common fare.

32 ga is default for most users and does the trick.

30 ga gives a more powerful vape most APVs can push along quite nicely.

28 ga & lower is best for mechanical mods running sub 1 ohm RBAs.

26 ga to make high-power steam machines best with MNKE High Drain batteries.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread