Really mad right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

QTPie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
McKinney, TX
He's just jealous that you got something awesome and he's stuck with a cigalike.... Your money, your PV...enjoy every vape.

I will!!! I cannot wait. It just shipped today and I keep checking the tracking. Hahaha, I want to fill a tank with my fave asap! Cotton Candy baby!!!!

Killowatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
Florida
At first the thought of not having a few packs of smokes on hand had me on edge. Then I started vaping, 4 days later I was tobacco free, because 1) I wanted to quit, and 2) I was tired of wheezing when I laid down for bed at night. Let alone getting winded when having fun with my lady. I started with an ego-c kit, and found out about the evods, then I really started enjoying vaping. Even with an evic and a Tmax, I use my ego's with evods daily. I say don't push your better half, he'll come around in time, if he wants to. Until then, vape on little lady. And a big Congrats to ya.

Thomasis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2012
Somewhere on top of the world
Sounds to me if he want's to make a stink you have plenty of ammo. Just make a list and when he has another hissy fit pull it out and go to town on him. I love being single, don't have to worry about how I spend my money and all...
Oh, and for the single gals they may be reading this, I'm a SWM, 37, love to vape, always looking for that future x girlfriend...
Applicants must:
Vapor is ok but must not blow a lot of smoke
Must like handheld battery operated devices.......
I'm gonna stop before I get in trouble.....

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
All I'm gonna say is that you bought yourself a wonderful birthday gift and I think you will enjoy it. When he sees how nice it is and how happy you are.... go to Fasttech and get him one at a real good price. I think having backups are essential. Backups to the backups is what I suggest. As of June 30th, I've been married (to the same man) for 30 years. One of the best things I've learned is how to distinguish between something that I should be concerned about and something that I can do nothing about. I am married to my best friend too but that doesn't mean we can't share being buttheads from time to time. Although I will say he takes his turn more often than me. heehee Bottom line..... enjoy vaping and have a great birthday. They are related cause I think vaping will make you have many more than smoking would have, if you know what I mean.:smokie:

LuckyCat

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2011
Oregon
Trust me, he will come along, I think he's still kidding himself and trying to make you feel bad. He hasn't quit smoking yet and sees it as a threat. Once he changes his way of thinking and actually prefers the experience of vaping more than smoking, it's gonna click for him. Do whatever you need to stay off the analogs, he will appreciate the upgraded equipment once he takes the next step.

Good luck to you and yours!!!

This ^^. I totally agree with this. If how you spend your personal piggy bank isn't usually a bone of contention between you and DH, I would think that he perceives some threat or is perhaps experiencing a little guilt.

It's irritating that he would begrudge you something as small as a new pv, but I would just do my best to shrug it off and look forward to your new setup.

I think you will be thrilled with your new eGo and soon the hubby will be lemming one for himself.

If you held out until your birthday and used gift money instead of spending just from saving on analogs you should be congratulated. Many of us went from analogs to disposables to a cig-like to buying up all sorts of PV's and accessories right out of the gate, often without considering how long we would use it for and what would happen when the next great prospect jumped out at use from a post or ad or vendor site.

I went from analogs to disposable and then rechargeable cig-like (knowing zip about what was out there and making a bad choice on both of those) back to analogs (because the first hardware was so bad) until I found an ego -c and really learned what vaping was about. Then bought a Joye 510 T simply to use when not home to avoid odd looks, then got several more ego-c's and then went through a couple of VV's before I got the ego VV2. Of course during this I tried out different carts and clears and tanks and dual and single coils, dual chambered and so on.

Suffice to say your husband, according to mine, is a luck man that you had the willpower to hold off until you had gift money and then spent it on something you had really researched and knew what the best setup for you (and one apparently many agree is one of the best).

And its not like your 'cig-like' was a waste of money or you plan to throw it out now that you have a new primary - the vaper motto I am sure you know by now is "Always have a backup and always have a backup for your backup". Plus there are probably social situations you might be more comfortable using the cig-like rather than the twist - or your husband will prefer being seen with you (mine had trouble in the beginning with my public appearances with a strange looking device).

And probably the vendor you got the cig like one from isn't going to give money back on it now that you have been using it - but in the scheme of things, even if they did, it would eventually be spent on some other device so you would have a backup.

Obviously, you got the gift because someone or someones wanted you to get something you wanted just for you and while they probably don't realize they also helped give you better health and more birthdays in the future that you may never have had if you did not have a PV or 2 or 3 ...

QTPie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
McKinney, TX
This ^^. I totally agree with this. If how you spend your personal piggy bank isn't usually a bone of contention between you and DH, I would think that he perceives some threat or is perhaps experiencing a little guilt.

It's irritating that he would begrudge you something as small as a new pv, but I would just do my best to shrug it off and look forward to your new setup.

I think you will be thrilled with your new eGo and soon the hubby will be lemming one for himself.

I agree! I'm sure he'll want it!

QTPie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
McKinney, TX
If you held out until your birthday and used gift money instead of spending just from saving on analogs you should be congratulated. Many of us went from analogs to disposables to a cig-like to buying up all sorts of PV's and accessories right out of the gate, often without considering how long we would use it for and what would happen when the next great prospect jumped out at use from a post or ad or vendor site.

I went from analogs to disposable and then rechargeable cig-like (knowing zip about what was out there and making a bad choice on both of those) back to analogs (because the first hardware was so bad) until I found an ego -c and really learned what vaping was about. Then bought a Joye 510 T simply to use when not home to avoid odd looks, then got several more ego-c's and then went through a couple of VV's before I got the ego VV2. Of course during this I tried out different carts and clears and tanks and dual and single coils, dual chambered and so on.

Suffice to say your husband, according to mine, is a luck man that you had the willpower to hold off until you had gift money and then spent it on something you had really researched and knew what the best setup for you (and one apparently many agree is one of the best).

And its not like your 'cig-like' was a waste of money or you plan to throw it out now that you have a new primary - the vaper motto I am sure you know by now is "Always have a backup and always have a backup for your backup". Plus there are probably social situations you might be more comfortable using the cig-like rather than the twist - or your husband will prefer being seen with you (mine had trouble in the beginning with my public appearances with a strange looking device).

And probably the vendor you got the cig like one from isn't going to give money back on it now that you have been using it - but in the scheme of things, even if they did, it would eventually be spent on some other device so you would have a backup.

Obviously, you got the gift because someone or someones wanted you to get something you wanted just for you and while they probably don't realize they also helped give you better health and more birthdays in the future that you may never have had if you did not have a PV or 2 or 3 ...

I did wait. I'm trying to not go crazy. And yes I'm using my old one for backups!

Last edited:

Natey

Moved On
May 26, 2013
So my hubby and my birthdays are very close to each other. I got $100 and decided I'm tired of the cigalike and ordered myself a eGo twist kit with kanger evod's plus an all metal vivi nova tank for my citrus flavors. He got super mad at me and was saying I should return the cigalike and get my money back and why did I bother buying it if I'm going to spend money on this other one. I am very upset. The thing is that I vaped in the past with the stupid carts and burned foam etc and just couldn't do it but now with all the better equipment I am excited to bring it up and enjoy vaping. He loves his cigalike and refuses to try anything else. Also he refuses to quit smoking too and I haven't smoked an analog in over 3 weeks. Am I wrong? It was my money and am going to use the cigalike for back up and short trips etc. I just don't get it. I have never discouraged him from spending his birthday money on what he wants. ...?:mad:

IMO i think your doing the right thing, its a learning curve, we all started small and as we learn more we learn theres better stuff out there that makes not smoking more satisfying. You start small, try it, like it, use it, learn, move to a bigger battery, better juice, better tanks, its not money wasted, since a cart of cigs costs about $90, and your doing something good for your health. Plus your right, what you have already bought, has its place and time to use, as a backup or on the road when you want something more discreet. Dont let him bring you down, just look at the fact that your not inhaling all those toxins in cigs.. :2c:

roonies

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2013
in the cat toy aisle
This made me think of every time my best friend said she quit smoking. I would say "oh, that's great", but inside I felt really p.o.'d and threatened. Who would be my smoking buddy now? How dare she quit? I think by investing YOUR money on a better system you're showing your commitment to truly being cig free. He probably feels a lot of pressure to quit himself. Enjoy your new stuff guilt free. Just show him by your actions how great vaping really is. You're going to love it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread