Rebuild protank 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxd

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2014
NYC,NY
cotton might be tricky to start with

silica 12 AWG/2mm, 6 wraps of Kanthal 32/.2mm ( with some natural tails in case of PT2 ) should do the job for the first time,
kind of easy to practice :)

just try to wrap it even among available length of the coil, not touching PT2 cap

also, for the first time - pls check its resistance after finishing !

Last edited:

Rickb119

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
Greeley, CO, USA
I use 30 AWG Kanthal, 8-9 wraps on 1/16" drill bit, and cotton wick. About 1.8 ohms.

Ditto.

Make the coil, remove from bit, heat (until red) with torch, remove from torch, gently squeeze together with tweezers, (heat and squeeze 2 or 3 times), reinsert bit, install coil, remove bit, (at this point I'll put it into a base on my Vamo, check the resistance and heat and squeeze 2 or 3 more times), install cotton, reassemble, happy vaping. :vapor:

I use cotton cooking twine (boil and dry first) for the wick and thread it into the coil using a bead threading needle (Hobby Lobby).

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Ditto.

Make the coil, remove from bit, heat (until red) with torch, remove from torch, gently squeeze together with tweezers, (heat and squeeze 2 or 3 times), reinsert bit, install coil, remove bit, (at this point I'll put it into a base on my Vamo, check the resistance and heat and squeeze 2 or 3 more times), install cotton, reassemble, happy vaping. :vapor:

I use cotton cooking twine (boil and dry first) for the wick and thread it into the coil using a bead threading needle (Hobby Lobby).

I use a bead threader also. IMO its more consistant on both sides than twisting the cotton through.
Just for intrest sake I found allen keys that were small sizez (1.2mm) and super long 4" long, they are easy to hold and make a perfect 2.0ohm 6 wrap of 32 kanthal regular coil. I got a super itty bitty allen key from some dripper I have and its .8mm and makes a great micro nanocoil with the 32 kanthal but a SOB to thread wicking through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread