Received my FIRST nic-base today!

Drewps5co0tt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Purchased a 250ML bottle of 100MG/ML VG nic, it arrived in a blue plastic bottle. I have not opened the bottle and plan to store it in the freezer, in the zip lock bag it was inside of and as well as inside the shipping box for extra safety. My question is, do I need to transfer this liquid into a glass bottle first? People keep saying it's perfectly fine to store the nic-base in the freezer in the container it came in, others say no, it must be glass.

Also before I forget it, it has an exp date of 3/25, I was under the impression that as long as it was stored in the freezer, essentially it has no exp date?

Thanks!

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
Purchased a 250ML bottle of 100MG/ML VG nic, it arrived in a blue plastic bottle. I have not opened the bottle and plan to store it in the freezer, in the zip lock bag it was inside of and as well as inside the shipping box for extra safety. My question is, do I need to transfer this liquid into a glass bottle first? People keep saying it's perfectly fine to store the nic-base in the freezer in the container it came in, others say no, it must be glass.

I would transfer the nic to glass bottles and then store it in the freezer. Per testing done by longtime experienced ECF's members storing nicotine in glass is best.

Also before I forget it, it has an exp date of 3/25, I was under the impression that as long as it was stored in the freezer, essentially it has no exp date?

As long as nic is stored in the freezer, in glass bottles, it does not expire.

I'm currently using a bottle from 2015, it's crystal clear, and has no off-taste whatsoever.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe

Reactions: ShamrockPat

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe

Reactions: ShamrockPat

Drewps5co0tt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Thank you for your reply! Yes, I did read that sticky but it was quite overwhelming for me.

Do you by any chance have a link to a glass bottle with the correct cap that I would want to buy? I have no idea about these things, just started to build my DIY "back-up" supply so this is a first for me.

Thanks again.

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
Thank you for your reply! Yes, I did read that sticky but it was quite overwhelming for me.

Do you by any chance have a link to a glass bottle with the correct cap that I would want to buy? I have no idea about these things, just started to build my DIY "back-up" supply so this is a first for me.

Thanks again.

Glass Bottle Outlet 4oz/120ml Boston Round with the cone lined cap will work fine.

If you want larger bottles just look under their Boston Round section.

I bought all my nic from Nude Nicotine. It came in bottles. I ordered it in the 120ml bottles because they are much easier to handle.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
Thanks, is there no way to get clear glass anymore? I want to be able to see my liquid lol

Yes, you can get the same exact bottle in clear glass. Here:

Reactions: Drewps5co0tt

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
So I'm confused, sorry. :( Only way to get clear is to get 4 ounce and not 8 ounce? And I really don't need 24 bottles lol, you can't buy in smaller quantity?

I'm not seeing Boston Round clear glass in 8 ounce at Glass Bottle Outlet.

As to buying smaller quantity, perhaps via Amazon or another bottler supplier.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
So I'm confused, sorry. :( Only way to get clear is to get 4 ounce and not 8 ounce? And I really don't need 24 bottles lol, you can't buy in smaller quantity?

Berlin Packaging has 8 ounce clear Boston Round bottles.

Clear glass 8oz:

Caps:

Drewps5co0tt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Yes, you can get the same exact bottle in clear glass. Here:

Ordered! Thanks again.

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Thanks, is there no way to get clear glass anymore? I want to be able to see my liquid lol

I see them available in the 120ML/4 ounce size but the 8 ounce size. Do you think I should just buy the bottles in 120ML/4 ounce size in clear?
Clear Glass is Bad Idea. Allows light in which will oxidize the Nicotine.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Not to be argumentative some freezers have shelves exposed to light and/or are side by side type.
If you are putting it at the bottom in pitch darkness it's fine.

Without the tinted bottle you have to be careful not to leave it out by accident.

Tinted glass is better but clear is probably fine.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
Not to be argumentative some freezers have shelves exposed to light and/or are side by side type.
If you are putting it at the bottom in pitch darkness it's fine.

Without the tinted bottle you have to be careful not to leave it out by accident.

Tinted glass is better but clear is probably fine.

It's a discussion, there's nothing argumentative about it. :)

Yes...... dark amber, blue or even green glass bottles are no doubt the best for long-term nic storage. Clear glass works fine as long as the nic is not exposed to UV light.

Remember Kurt, the Chemistry Professor???

Specifically this from his Long Term Nic Storage post: "I have some of my nic in colorless glass bottles, and they have not changed in the freezer in the years I've had them, maybe 4 years...and even at room temp, oxidation is very very slow if in well sealed glass. A 50 mL bottle out for usage will last me months of mixing with very little change."

and......

"it is UV that catalyzes oxidation most, not so much visible light, and freezers are dark"

The only time a freezer will be exposed to UV light is when the door is open. How long does someone keep a freezer door open? About as long as it takes to reach in and grab what you need. 5 seconds, 10 seconds if pokey. That will not cause any issue for nicotine stored in colorless glass bottles.

Reactions: niczgreat

Users who are viewing this thread