Status
Not open for further replies.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I'd try some that Hans gave above.

Many of your flavors are used in some of Bill's TFA recipes. But to make any of them...you also need some of these (not all) in addition to yours, for many of his different recipes: Vanilla Custard, Vanilla Swirl, Sweet Cream, Graham Cracker, Cotton Candy and/or Sweetener. Wizard Labs is having a TFA sale now. $1.49 for 8mL, $3.95 for 30mL of many flavorings, additives, etc.

Reactions: NoFumus

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Banana Nut Bread is one of TFA's VERY few that is actually good all by itself; around 11% I think.

I see you didn't get Vanilla Swirl, which is a shame, it's by far their best vanilla. The DX Bavarian, mixed with Vanilla Swirl, makes an outstanding custard, diketone-free. Might want to add a little TFA sweetener to it, which I see you also didn't get. Most TFA flavors are going to need some sweetener. I suppose you could try a mix of the DX Bavarian with the French Vanilla, but I think you'd really need some sweetener for that one; French Vanilla is not as sweet as Vanilla Swirl. DX Bavarian isn't very good if you use more than 6% of it in a recipe; because it's diketone-free, you do get a taste of the butyric acid if you use more than that, and it's not pleasant.

I've heard that the Caramel Cappucino is very!!! strong, so be very careful with that one, however you mix it.

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
wow guys . thank you so much.
i will see if i can get the extra flavors you were talking about. but what is sweetener?
and does vanilla swirl has custard in it which includes acetone?

Sent from my SM-G928C using Tapatalk

I think you mean "diketones", and no, Vanilla Swirl is the diketone-free version of their Vanilla Custard.

Sweetener is exactly that -- "TFA Sweetener" -- it's sucralose, but TFA's is better than any other I've tried, none of that weird artificial whang.

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
WOW, yea this should be great, i will try it definitely,

Banana Nut Bread is very good by its own, not sure about the % but i will try the 12%, did you try 12% ?

I think I used 11%... 12% might be ok, it's so close. But I tend to like strong flavors, and I thought 11% was strong enough, good rich flavor.

Andria

Kariem

Nov 25, 2015
I think I used 11%... 12% might be ok, it's so close. But I tend to like strong flavors, and I thought 11% was strong enough, good rich flavor.

Andria
guys by the way
i do 30%PG 70%VG
would this recipe be good with those percentages ?
AndriaD : what about the banana nut bread (tfa) ? how much should i use with 70%VG

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
guys by the way
i do 30%PG 70%VG
would this recipe be good with those percentages ?
AndriaD : what about the banana nut bread (tfa) ? how much should i use with 70%VG

I couldn't tell you; if I use more than 15% Vg I can't breathe.

Don't worry too much about how much PG/VG is in the mix -- everyone has to customize those levels to their own needs -- some can't take much PG, some can't take much VG. I doubt if either affect the taste very much. No matter what PG/VG ratio is noted on recipes, nowadays I make everything at 87% PG, 13% VG, so I can breathe. Doesn't matter how something tastes, if you can't breathe.

Andria

Kariem

Nov 25, 2015
Guys, i'm so excited, i got the flavors yesterday, and i mixed 10 bottles each 60ml :)
what do you think about the bottles and the flavors ?

Banana Nut Bread
Berry Crunch Ice Cream
Caramel Cappuccino Swirl
Crunch Berries
Mix 1
Mango Passion
Mango Strawberry
Raspberry Cheesecake
Strawberry Cheesecake
Strawberry Milk
Unicorn Milk Variant - Cuttwood

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Most of those sound good, though Mango and I don't get along well together. :)

You already made 60mL of each of those flavors? Many people make smaller batches first...maybe just 5mL or 10mL each, let them steep, and then see which ones they like and want to make more of.

Some of those sound like names of some of Bill's recipes. Did you use some of his? I'm going to try some this coming week since I just got my flavorings and sweetener yesterday in the mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread