Recommendation for a DURABLE VW/VV Device..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shootist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2014
Decatur, GA, USA
I highly recommend the sigelei 20w but it is VW only, you will never go back to VV again.
Mine has been dropped on every surface you can think of (concrete ,gravel, wood floors) and tumbled out of big trucks, and still works like the day I got it.
You can pick them up online for about $85.00 :2c:

How and why do people make this claim? Variable wattage and variable voltage do the exact same thing. They are just different scales.

Raise or lower the volts being delivered to a atomizer on a VV device and the watts go up or down. Raise or lower the wattage on a VW device and the volts go up and down.

There is no difference in the vape you get.

If you think there is you are greatly mistaken.

That is like saying 0° C is colder than 32° F and 212° F is hotter than 100° C.

Mofastermo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2014
Rolla, MO, USA
How and why do people make this claim? Variable wattage and variable voltage do the exact same thing. They are just different scales.

Raise or lower the volts being delivered to a atomizer on a VV device and the watts go up or down. Raise or lower the wattage on a VW device and the volts go up and down.

I can get the the same taste over several different tanks with the same juice with out changing wattage.
Voltage needs changed for different resistance.
When you buy a heater you shop for wattage not volts.

Mofastermo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2014
Rolla, MO, USA

My claim is ease of use, not quality of vape.
If we both go from a 1.0 to a 2.0 ohm coil you adjust, I vape.
If I'm wrong please enlighten me.

Shootist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2014
Decatur, GA, USA
I can get the the same taste over several different tanks with the same juice with out changing wattage.
Voltage needs changed for different resistance.
When you buy a heater you shop for wattage not volts.

If you need to keep changing atomizers on one battery device you need more battery devices. Like one for each atomizer you normally use.

And it is best, IMHO, to always use similar if not the same resistance coils in those atomizers.

I don't go from 1 ohm to 2 ohm coils all my atomizers have 1.4 to 1.8 ohm coils.

Mofastermo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2014
Rolla, MO, USA
If you need to keep changing atomizers on one battery device you need more battery devices. Like one for each atomizer you normally use.

And it is best, IMHO, to always use similar if not the same resistance coils in those atomizers.

I don't go from 1 ohm to 2 ohm coils all my atomizers have 1.4 to 1.8 ohm coils.

So my claim of ease of use stands.
You asked how or why people make this claim.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada

Not the same thing at all. VW is like an automatic transmission in a car, VV is like a manual transmission. Both types of transmissions shift gears, but how they do it is different.

In cars, I prefer the manual option for the extra control it gives me. In vaping I've recently found I prefer VW when I use a regulated device. I still change settings during the day, but not because I've gone from a 2 ohm carto to a 3 ohm carto. YMMV of course :)

Last edited:

Mofastermo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2014
Rolla, MO, USA
Not at all.

Easier for you, maybe.

Lol... It is a forum lots of new people .If someone says juice X taste great at 12.5 watts I go to 12.5 watts. and adjust from there.
You check your resistance get your chart find 12.5 watts or calculator and set your voltage then adjust from there.
Your original post asked how people make this claim, If you can't see you never will.

DPLongo22

"Vert De Ferk"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
VV, VW, meh. It's all the same to me too. I change wattage on my VW's as often as I change voltage on my VV's. I've been saying this for 2.5 years, and it still hasn't changed.

The FIRST "V", for me, is absolutely essential.
The SECOND letter, be it "V" or "W", is absolutely irrelevant.

Or, to paraphrase the immortal Herbie Brooks, "The 'V' on the front of the jersey is a HELLUVA lot more important than the 'V' or 'W' on the back of it."

Now, please continue your argument. I'll make popcorn (and thanks, Katdarling!). :pop:

DPLongo22

"Vert De Ferk"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Thanks for that :pop: but mine's a little cold. Mind throwing it back in the variable voltage machine? Or your variable wattage machine? Dun care which you use,,, just warm it up, please. ;)

Why, of COURSE, KD. Here you go - all heated up! I even put it in a special container for ya. :blush:

BettyPop.jpg

All:

Thank you much for the suggestions. I was originally thinking the Provari as I am well aware of its capabilities and durability, the price however, is a bit steep for us, even with the blems w/ the extension cap. If it were totally up to me, I would get her one, but she is aware of the price tag, and would blow a gasket (she's even not thrilled with the $110 for the Spire). I was also looking at the SVD which is up there on my choice list.

The Evic is not an option as I have heard many bad things about it, especially with the durability w/ the 510 connection. The Evic Supreme is too expensive and a 30 W device would be lost on her, and the menus alone would drive her bonkers.

The Lavatube 2.5 she is using now is a pretty descent device, just that we are both on our 3rd one (the 510 connection on it is finicky as it didn't like it when you change devices, and after a few months the threading on the tube degrades, as one of mine had to be sent back as the threading seized and I couldn't get the battery out).

Like many have suggested, I may just save up and get a Provari blem in clearance when they become available again. I do think it is overpriced a bit being it is only a VV device and not also VW, but you pay for quality in the long run.

Looks like I have some thinking to do, luckily, we are in no rush.. I'm arranging for us to have a kid-free weekend next weekend as her "main" b-day gift, with a date night on Saturday (dinner, movies, "desert" later, ;)).. She's not materialistic at all, so the sentimental gifts are her favorites, and she can really use a husband-wife weekend with no kids (unless you count the 3 dogs, lol). So a new device would just be icing on the cake, but it can wait a few weeks.

Thanks again everyone.

DPLongo22

"Vert De Ferk"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
In all seriousness, for a few extra bucks, save for the Provari. I've got four that all over two years old, and (all) operate as well today as they day they came out of the bubble-wrap. I've had a Lavatube and SVD, and can only say that they are nowhere near the same quality as a Provari.

In other words, they're worth every penny and I highly doubt you'd ever regret it.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I like you, agt! What a thoughtful way to spend her birthday! Please do come back and let us know how the decision plays out. Like DPL, I do hope that perhaps in time you can get on a Provi. You will not miss the VW. I know this. Woman of many mods here, and welp, you'll see. :)

(and I like dessert, too.)

regal55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2013
york,PA
I highly recommend the Sigelei 20w but it is VW only, you will never go back to VV again.
Mine has been dropped on every surface you can think of (concrete ,gravel, wood floors) and tumbled out of big trucks, and still works like the day I got it.
You can pick them up online for about $85.00 :2c:

But the Sigelei has a low voltage limitation right? Do you hit this limit with fruity vapes

Not if there is a voltage limit, then we need to display it and not do math in our heads.

Mofastermo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2014
Rolla, MO, USA
But the Sigelei has a low voltage limitation right? Do you hit this limit with fruity vapes
It has no step down, but since I gave up tobacco flavor all I use is fruits and never has a burnt taste. I use the wife's Nautilus (1.6 &1.8ohm) and Aerotanks (2.0ohm) regularly and never have a problem.
Not sure if that is what you are asking, but here is a video review with all the specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread