Recommendation for an e-cigar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kathyst

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
San Diego, CA
Friends: My good friend's husband smokes cigars. I've given her all the info I know about e-cigs, and she's so excited and glad for me that I'm doing this. (She quit a few years ago, had uterine cancer.) So, since I know what to look for better than she does at this point -- the whole e-cig thing is new to her -- I want to send her links for e-cigars for her husband.

I looked today, and e-cigars aren't as plentiful as e-cigs. I found the Ruyan Vegas and their other models, which looks quite good for a start, but wonder if anyone here has any personal experience with e-cigars, or has a supplier they might recommend.

Thanks!

kathy

RsL

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Minneapolis
The RN4062 seems to be considered the best e-cigar out there, but good luck trying to find one. Meanwhile the DSE701 is the one I use and happy with. I know there are several suppliers who sell the 701 and one I can recommend is from Shawn over at Litecigusa. It's called the Havana at his site and it includes 24 cartridges for a price of 49.95, which is a great deal! I'm including a link below. But like I said, there are other suppliers selling it so feel free to shop around to see if you can find a better price! :)

LITECIG USA

Last edited:

shivadance

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Nebraska, USA
I got my dad the 701 for Father's Day and he really enjoys it. I used it myself for a while before I gave it to him to ensure there were, ahem, no issues with it. ;-)

The only thing neither of us liked was the 'cigar' flavor in the cartridges. My dad prefers a sweeter cigar flavor and I just thought it tasted odd. I really don't know how to describe it (and I did smoke a few cigars in my younger days). So 24 carts is great with the 701 kits, but if you don't like the flavor you'll be squeezing out the cart filler and replacing the juice.

The RN4062 seems to be considered the best e-cigar out there, but good luck trying to find one. Meanwhile the DSE701 is the one I use and happy with. I know there are several suppliers who sell the 701 and one I can recommend is from Shawn over at Litecigusa. It's called the Havana at his site and it includes 24 cartridges for a price of 49.95, which is a great deal! I'm including a link below. But like I said, there are other suppliers selling it so feel free to shop around to see if you can find a better price! :)

LITECIG USA

I also like the 4062 better, but I've used the 701 too. There isn't that much difference except the 4062 seems to "burn" a little hotter so you get warmer vapor. It's not a big difference but it is noticable. I get mine from libertyecig because I get it in 1-2 days with the free priority shipping.

kathyst

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
San Diego, CA
Thank you all for your replies. I couldn't find this thread again until now, to check to see what advice others might have.

My friend ordered her husband 4062's from two different places, and I am pleased to say he is quite enjoying them -- though he doesn't yet feel they can truly replace real cigars, but he's willing to really try.

He had questions about different things, battery life, atomizer, etc., but I haven't actually seen one of these e-cigars yet, so I can't advise him, except what I know about my 510's.

He wants easy, by the way -- no refilling carts himself, etc. So this litecig deal with the 24 carts looks good! Would be good for him to try another model anyway, so the 701 would be it, it looks like.

Thanks to you all.

kathy

Luke15_7

Jul 12, 2009
Washington, A.C.
Newbie alert: This thread was exactly what I was looking for. Cigs were never my thing, but I do enjoy a cigar occasionally for convenience, and I used to really enjoy smoking aromatics in my pipes. Seems like the e-cigar is a perfect blend. My question is do all the models come with the mouthpiece ends, or are there ones that have more analog-like round ends?

kathyst

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
San Diego, CA
Luke, I wonder that also. The regular blunt end, not a plastic mouthpiece, would be preferable to a cigar smoker, I would think. I know I read about this someplace, in my e-cigar research. I'll see if I can find again what I found before. Or if you do, please post here.

You know what would be cool also, is if they made a model that was like half-smoked. You know, how one might like to go around with an unlit half-stogie in your mouth, like that. :cool:

kathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread