Recommendations for Triton or Vmod??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iatone

Jul 21, 2013
STL
Looking for some recommendations. Thanks in advance for any advice!

I've heard good things about the Halo G6 (and Halo in general), so I'm thinking about going with the G6 starter kit for my 'on the go' vaping, but also wanting something that is not an 'e-cig' for home use. Please feel free to suggest an alternative to the G6 if you have found something better (e-cig)

I've seen good reviews on both the Triton and Vmod (by Vapage I think?) and I'd like input as to the differences between the systems and which one might be 'better.' Also, if some of the equipment is interchangeable between the Triton and the G6.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
I have the Triton and love it. Began with a starter kit and primarily use VVs for home. Out and about, I use a Triton 400mAh with a G6 carto on it. The G6 cartos and mini tanks work well with the Triton batteries, especially the LR cartos. The Triton tanks do not fit on the G6 batteries. The USB adapters are not interchangeable.

Don't know anything about Vmod. I'm assuming it costs less, but you get what you pay for.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Thanks for the reply Steve! By the way, what is 'vv'?
I'm thinking he means "variable voltage" for "VV". Beginner ecig cigalikes are a single or fixed voltage of around 3.4 -3.6 volts of power, totally at the mercy of the battery's voltage. The more advanced VV battery devices use boost circuit processors to be able to adjust the voltage of the heating coil between 3.0 - 6 volts typically. Having the ability of changing the voltage can be useful to adjust to different flavors to bring out the best of your e-liquids. For example, a fruit flavor may taste the best around 3.4 volts, where a tobacco or coffee flavor might taste best at 4.5 volts.

I've not used the Triton, and although I've heard of it I'd have to Google it to know exactly what it is.

I've had a Vapage VMod-XL for a little over a month now, and it is quickly becoming one of my most used devices. It is an inexpensive bottom feeder device. Inside the device the battery and removable juice tank are housed. An opening in the shell case allows you to press or "squonk" the bottle to feed juice into the atomizer or carto that connects to the device. When you need more juice, you squonk again. These are fixed or single voltage mechanical devices, although there are those who have added a Kick processor to allow variable wattage.

There are two sizes of VMods. The smaller V2 uses a 14500 battery which should last most of the day. It also uses a 4 ml juice bottle that should be more than enough to last a day. The larger XL model uses an 18650 battery that lasts me nearly 2 days, and a 9 ml bottle that lasts about 3 days before needing a refill.

The price for both models is around $90 "a la carte" if you don't need a battery recharger, more for the kit that will include the appropriate charger. The company frequently runs sales using coupon codes if you register at the website. I only paid $60 for my a la carte VMod with the coupon code.

Below is my VMod-XL with an add-on faux burrel wood case and a Sagewood Glass drip tip.

Last edited:

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Thanks for the reply Steve! By the way, what is 'vv'?

Halo now offers variable voltage 900mAh Triton batteries. They are fantastic. Rather than have the voltage lower as the battery depletes to the point it needs charging- I think they start around 4.2v on a fresh charge and go down to about 3.8v. as it runs down-, the voltage remains constant, where you set it. The VVs can be set from 3.3 volts to 4.8.
If I were starting out, I'd just buy a couple USB adapters, a pair of VV Tritons and a pair of 400mAh Tritons for out and about usage and some tanks.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
So, OP, to summerize: The Halo G6 kit is a small cig-alike kit that uses pre-filled cartomizers or blank ones which you can fill using Halo (or any other vendors) juice.

The Triton is a larger, ego-style battery (Starter Kit includes the 650 mAh battery, also available in 400, 900 and 1300 mAh, plus a 900 mAh variable voltage). mAh is how many hours it will last (i.e. 650 mAh is roughly 6-8 hours). The Triton batteries are manual and can be turned off with five fast clicks of the firing button. The Triton works with all G6 cartomizers and mini-tanks, but works best with it's own 2.4ml tanks. Both the G6 and Triton are 808 devices. The Triton and G6 cannot share the same USB charger; must be purchased separately. The Triton Starter Kit runs approximately $69.00, plus you need to have juice to fill the tanks.

The VMod is a mechanical device, has a built in bottom feeding tank and atomizer (atomizer is replaceable?). There isn't short circuit protection since it's mechanical. You would need to purchase IMR batteries and a charger separately, and have a multimeter to test the charge of those batteries (depending on type of charger... the expensive chargers have LCD displays). They start Mod only for around $90.

Both are nice devices. It depends on what you would be comfortable with.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
For full disclosure, I do own a Triton Starter kit, and use it every day; I purchased 3 extra tanks and a 1300 mAh battery for back-up as well.

I also own and use daily an itaste MVP box mod, 2600 mAh battery as my variable voltage 510/Ego device (510 is like 808, it's the top connector to your atomizer/tank. 510 are most popular these days with fits for Protanks, Iclears, Evod, RDA/RBAs, etc).

And I also now own a K100 mechanical mod to use with my RDAs. And I've been vaping for just about 3 months. I use all of my devices daily, and would be lost without them. I am comfortable with all of them, and they fill my current needs for various activities at home or abroad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread