recommended 18650 for SS Vamo AND Provari

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhomes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Austin, TX
Hey Guys, I just got a new VAMO (I doubt it's from smoktek though, they call it EGO VV/VW V2 from Best Quality Electronic Cigarettes | E-cigs | E-liquid | E-juice - Exhalevapors, they had it on a deal today for $40 so I just got one as a second/third device (my main & second being provaris, and a few EGO-Twist, Ego batts)

But on my provaris i have been using AW IMR 18490, I saw a review from FieldOfVapor on YouTube stating that the AW IMR 18650 are a tad too short for the VAMO and that one should buy some Panasonic or 18700 batts

Now, the provari NEEDS button top batteries. I want to buy a few batteries that would work on BOTH devices.

so, which could anyone recommend for these two devices? if I grab 4 that'd a somewhere north of $40 and I would certainly not want to buy twice the amount of batteries.

help is appreciated.

dhomes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Austin, TX
that's too bad.

Still, Panasonic has a lot of different batteries and I get confused, I now they have some hybrid batteries with are both protected and IMR ($11/batt)

I just want to hear about specific models. I also have an EFEST 18500 which is about a milimeter or so taller than the AW IMR and they work perfect on my provaris (while another UltraFire 18500 I bought when I didn't about these things craps out FAST on the provari)

would some EFEST 18650 work on the VAMO?

Also, I hear that some VAMOs have hotspring problem, is there a replacement I can buy that I know for sure will work (I wont live in the USA so someone is bringing the device to me, I dont want to bring the device, have it fail and wait a bunch of time for a spring, I even read that the bad spring could short the circuitry)

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
Efest will work fine. As far as Panasonic ... all you need is the CGR18650CH. Either button or flat top should work.

The Spring issue may or may not effect your Vamo. Some vendors have already switched to a newer spring while others still use the smaller spring which works fine but creates a little rattle with the battery.

I have the smaller spring and I just wrapped a small piece of tape twice around the battery and I have no rattle. I recommend emailing them and asking them which spring their batch has. You can always just buy a helix/silver bullet/provari spring just in case and keep it as a spare.

DontBurnIt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2013
Arlington, TX
#1 When I got my Vamo, B/M supplier gave me an 18650 and 2 18350's. The stack of 350's supplies double voltage (8+ compared to 4+), hence a much warmer, wetter vape. They are Efest button tops.

#2 MNKE are powerful batts. Don't know if anyone has used them on a Vamo though. Most use them on mechanical mods. 30amp output as opposed to 8-10 on others.

Enjoy your Vamo !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread