Reo Grand or Reo Grand LP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fizzpop

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2013
United States
Hello Reonauts!

I've decided to get a Reo as I find myself dripping with my Provari more than using my nice Genesis tank. I am, however, a bit confused. Should I get a LP or the regular Reo? What are the advantages/disadvantages of each? Any and all comments are welcome!

Looking at setting this up with an RM2, if that makes any difference. Also, any feedback regarding finishes would be appreciated. Leaning toward the Black Wrinkle, but the Copper Wrinkle looks sexy too.

Last edited:
Reactions: MuizAsraf

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
If you're going to use an RM2, then you will/may probably want to use other RBAs as well. It'd get the LP REO Grand and an LP RM2. It'll give you more versatility down the road. The only advantage with the standard REO is if you wanted to use regular attys or cartos. Then the deeper drip well would have value.

Colors: they are all stellar. I've heard that the copper vein darkens with age. I don't think that is a deal breaker, but that's me. Any color you get will blow you away; they're all gorgeous.

Fizzpop

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2013
United States
If you're going to use an RM2, then you will/may probably want to use other RBAs as well. It'd get the LP REO Grand and an LP RM2. It'll give you more versatility down the road. The only advantage with the standard REO is if you wanted to use regular attys or cartos. Then the deeper drip well would have value.

Colors: they are all stellar. I've heard that the copper vein darkens with age. I don't think that is a deal breaker, but that's me. Any color you get will blow you away; they're all gorgeous.

Thanks. Not really interested in regular attys. These days I rebuild everything.

Raynman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Marion In USA
The standard has a catch cup. The LP has been milled down to the 510 connection. If you want to use different rba's as in a larger than 14 mm diameter this would be the one to get. Example if you want to use a Cyclone with the AFC, the LP is for you. LP and Standard are the same other than how tall the mod is. If you decide on the LP make sure to get the LP RM2 the regular RM2 will look funny on a LP because Rob mills down the RM2"s to fit in the catch cup. Finish is up to you the vein models Copper and Silver will tarnish so you might want to shoot a layer of clear paint or poly on it to keep the color.

Borescoped

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Minot, ND
So will the Reo Grand LP be shorter overall than the standard with standard reomizer? Sorry I'm a noob looking at purchasing as well....Thanks in advance!

Without anything attached, the LP will be shorter than the standard. With identical atomizers attached, they should be the same. I'll take a pic on Tuesday when my regular Grand shows up, with my LP.

Borescoped

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Minot, ND
Without anything attached, the LP will be shorter than the standard. With identical atomizers attached, they should be the same. I'll take a pic on Tuesday when my regular Grand shows up, with my LP.

Here's that pic I was talking about, if there was no atty attached, the LP would be shorter. Both the RM2 and LP RM2 bring the overall height to the same level though.

3y6ydusa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Cloud Minder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
We're not working with the raw metal here. It's paint and not quite the same. If you order one and let it go black and do find an answer let us know. I think we've almost tried it all.

Look, all I'm saying is that ANY metal that has oxidized can be returned to base metal with a strong reducing agent, in other words an acid. If the metal is interwoven in another material, you would have to just get it on the metal. Lacking a clear picture (I tried googling it) that's all I can say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread