Reonauts, Do you get vaper tongue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HgA1C

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2009
Michigan
Ok, I have been enjoying the new REO, and believe I will become fully converted to a Kool-aid sipping Reonaut in the near future. While I have been Vapping away in Reoville,:vapor: I have noticed something.

I had vapers tongue before getting the REO and cyclone. Now that I have been using my Grand I no longer seem to have the problem. So I was wondering do other Reonauts experience vapers tongue often?

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I used to get it bad. Most jooses have become boring if I vape them for too long of a stretch without a break from them. Since I started rotating a lot of liquids every day and night, using a palate cleanser when needed I seldom got VT. So I don't have ADV's in the truest sense of the term. But I do have quite a few jooses that are and always will be in my rotations. Right now I'm playing with getting down to 3-4-5 a day/night total and only using my favorite strongest jooses. A few days into it and it's working OK so far...

RattlerX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2014
West Texas
I tend to fill up with flavored in the mornings and top off with unflavored in the afternoon. My palate seems to fatigue after 3-4 mils and I found switching to unflavored keeps me from getting full on vapers tounge.

+1....I switch or at least alternate between unflavored and my Odin taste bud blaster in the evenings to keep my taste buds in check.

It is important for me to stay hydrated which can be hard for me in the dry area I live when I drink coffee 1/2 the day....

BockinBboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Illinois
I was just thinking about this the other day - I haven't had vapor's tongue since I got my REO at the end of July - I had it twice in the 8 months prior to that of vaping, and once back in '09 during the short time I vaped then. I don't know if its connected or not, but I had cut down the nic and flavour shortly after getting a REO, intitially cutting both in half, now about 1/3 of original concentration before the REO - But I also vape through many more mls a day as well.

- Bboy

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
I still rotate between 7-10 flavors a day to avoid VT. I can't say if the REOs have helped or not, but I am getting it less frequently. I had two bad bouts (first month and third month of vaping lasting longer than a week), then at least a 3-4 days monthly, but now I get it maybe a day here or there once a month.

It's still irritating but I can deal with a day versus full blown for a week.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
My sense of taste is flat out bad and I've never encountered a juice (e.g., pluid) that I thought to be too extreme. Consequently, I have found flavour factory atties like the RM2 to help the general situation.

Like most others, I do get fatigue from vaping the same flavour for, say, a week, and I did get full blown VT a couple of times during the first 2 months of full-time vaping lasting for 3-4 days each episode.

Mrs C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Indiana
I haven't had it since switching to Reos.

I did have one episode where I thought it had come back BUT after reading a bit I found info in the DIY section that suggested that it was actually flavor overload. Turns out to high of a percentage of flavor can actually overload and shut down the sense of taste. By diluting the juice with unflavored it brought the flavor back.

JmanEspresso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 15, 2013
    Westchester, NY,USA
    Never had vapers toungue.

I also believe thats a misnomer, because you don't taste vape with your tongue, you taste it with your nose.

The only time I flat out can't taste vape, is if Im congested. Now, I am chronically congested since I was born.. one nostril is always closed, and it fluctuates, but its generally the same one. But when both are closed.. THATS when I can't taste liquid.

I DO get fatigued on a flavor if I vape it, and only it, without change, for a while. It just tastes dull and less awesome. Happens with my all time favorite GVC, because I can't get enough of it. But honestly like, a break of an hour or two of vaping something else brings it back.

Ive been cig free for over a year.. I think that has a lot to do with it too. I seem to hear new vapers complaining of it more then vapers who have been cig free for a long time.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Texas
    Quite. Never had it and i vaped one thing all the time for a year and now something else all the time for another year. I have a few ADVs now and i rotate them whenever, but usually i vape the same thing for at least a week at a time.

Never got smoker's tongue, so i think it's an attention-seeking invention!

T

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    North Carolina
    I've never experienced it. I would have to pet a Sasquatch to believe in them also but i have read many posts and several articles regarding this predicament.

http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/ashtray-blog/2014/03/vapers-tongue.html

So glad you are not having this problem since using the reo. I think they are practically perfect in every way. .
    girl_haha.gif

Last edited:

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Texas
    I cannot stand tobacco flavours now, but they were all i vaped when i first stopped smoking. It's a pity because some of the most complex flavours that require steeping and all the rest of it to get the best from them are no longer something i like.

My ADV is an apple cinnamon danish DIY i have used for about 16 months. I make about 200 ml at a time and that lasts me a month. [i made 240ml last month cos i got a bit heavy handed with the nic and had to dilute it]

Once a week i'll vape something totally different - maybe half a Reo bottle, and it can be menthol, raspberry, cherry - something like that. Quite often i'll just add vg to the flavour and no nic and just blow clouds. It's therapeutic!

T

bander68

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 26, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    I've vaped one flavor for almost 3 years straight, all on my REO. I don't think it's any mysterious vaper's tongue when my flavor diminishes. It's only when I've eaten our drunk something else with a particularly strong flavor or aftertaste I find my juice taste gets strange. Some things in particular that negatively affect my juice- garlic, pepperoni, salsa, and spicy bbq sauces. My usual cure is lots of water, brushing my teeth again, or eating a couple of pieces of bread. Garlic is the worst though...it just hangs around forever

SITS

PV Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 28, 2013
    Reoville
    I have had the same experience with tobacco flavors as Trunker. Once I was firmly off the analogs, I haven't even considered buying a tobacco flavor. When my choice is Creme Brulee or a tobacco flavor, the CB will win every time.

As long as I keep another flavor in my daily rotation, vapor tongue doesn't seem to be a problem for me. I can't say that it ever has been a problem. I've only noticed a muting of my adv flavor after a couple of weeks of use with nothing else in the rotation. I can't say for sure that wasn't caused by poor wick maintenance either. I've learned a lot since joining the ranks of Reoville.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread