Replacement charger for Ego-C Twist that I can buy locally?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk8man121

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
ME
Hey folks. My Ego-C Twist charger is broken, as in it was stepped on and fell into many pieces. Fun stuff. I ordered a new one from vapor beast, but I think it'll be a few days until it will get here.

Is there any type of charger that I can pick up locally (I live in Maine but no vape shops) that would fit the Twist and get me through for a few days? I realize finding an actual ego charger will be next to impossible.

Thanks.

Sucker_dad

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
topeka, ks, USA
Dude, that sucks. Try your local craigslist and on Ebay you can define local searches. Maybe grab a cigalike until the charger gets there. Or start a thread with your location and need for a charger some forum member would let you borrow. Damn I have 3 of those but I am just a little away from Maine. Once you get it you might want to check ordering backups from FT they are about $1.30 each. Wish I could be more help.

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
What type of charger would I be able to pick up at my local gas station (they have a bucket of em) that would fit the Ego-C?

The charger has to be a 510 connection and output 4.2 V at 420 ma. Using anything other than an eGo charger is risky business, and may lead to battery malfunction or worse, a fire.

There is a chance that you could use a charger meant for a smaller battery, but I prefer using only the intended chargers, so I don't recommend it. Your best bet would be to order a replacement charger online and spend the extra $$$ for express shipping.

If you are having trouble getting through the day, go ahead and get some disposables at the gas station to tide you over until a new charger arrives.

Let this be a lesson to you....ALWAYS have a backup. Also, have a backup for your backup. Better to have and not need than need and not have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread