Replacement switch for ePower 14650?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason4521

Jan 20, 2012
Chicago
Hello all. I have been using a epower 14650 for over a year (smoke free). In that time I have gone through about 6 switches. All but one of them was pretty short lived. I need another, and after buying one from crystal clear that didn't work more than a day, I'm not sure what to do. It looks like a lot less places are carrying this vaporizer. Is it discontinued now? I like the 14650 size and would like to keep using my charger and batteries etc... What are my options? Are there decent switches for these out there? Is the vivi nova the same thing with a different cart/tank?

Jason4521

Jan 20, 2012
Chicago
Renzuli, are you kidding? I've never seen a RS with vaporizers.

riixxii, do you have suggestions for something comparable? I would like to keep a 510 thread with replaceable batteries.

Cloud Wizard, those look cool, but I read on this forum the replaceable batteries were preferred as they were cheaper. Has this changed? I swear, vaporizers are like my radio controlled helicopters. Every time I need a new one or parts for the one I'm using, the whole scene has changed.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
Jason, sorry to read about your problem with the E-Power 14650 switches. I've been using the same switch for a year and a half under steady daily use.

Some ideas to pass along. There were problems with some of these switches produced late in 2011 and early in 2012. I purchased two replacement switches as spares early in 2012 from Hoosier e-cig supply. These are solid switches, good for 1.5 ohm cartos and above and the 5-click safety feature. Hoosier doesn't stock E-Power 14650 any more.

The switch I'm using now failed to operate last summer but I'm using it right now. Turns out that some water vapor got into the electronics and shut it down. After it failed I left it outside in the sunlight for about three weeks. The switch dried out and I've been using it ever since. I take care to dry out the 510 connector with Kleenex a few times a day.

There is a new version of the E-Power 14650 switch with eGo threading for clearos in addition to 510 threading. The only vendor who has this seems to be CCV. Tropical Vapors sells the older style E-Power switches without the eGo threading.

I began using the trusty E-Power 14650 a lot less yesterday after receiving a new Sigelei Zmax V.3 Telescopic (flat top). I'm keeping the E-Power, though.

Renzuli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
North Las Vegas
Renzuli, are you kidding? I've never seen a RS with vaporizers.

riixxii, do you have suggestions for something comparable? I would like to keep a 510 thread with replaceable batteries.

Cloud Wizard, those look cool, but I read on this forum the replaceable batteries were preferred as they were cheaper. Has this changed? I swear, vaporizers are like my radio controlled helicopters. Every time I need a new one or parts for the one I'm using, the whole scene has changed.

Are you serious ??? Did you read my response . I was only saying , that you might find a switch , down at Radio Shack , not a P.V.
Try reading a bit more carefully , before responding .

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
I had one of those also. I used it for a year or so and then the button part finally did go out. You are correct in that no one really sells them anymore. It's sort of ironic in that when i bought it from GV they were all "we are making replacement parts for this from day 1" like they were going to fully support the device.

It's sort of a planned obselence lesson to me. Anyone who talks about long term durability outside of full mech mods is sort of kidding themselves. The technology is just moving too fast in the industry. It might also be true even of the mech mods. Let's say they develop a batter that is 1/3rd the size of an 18650 next year. Then they quit making the 18650. All the silver bullets, legacys, and so on are now obsolete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread