Review: KBV Warm Sugar Cookie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciego

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2010
A dank basement in SE Minnesota
I received a sample of Kick Bass Vapor's "Warm Sugar Cookie" 6 mg. with an order I placed recently. Despite the fact that I received it as a freebie, this review will, I hope be unbiased. I very much like the people behind the juice at KBV, and frankly that does affect my review a little bit.

I was prepared to love Warm Sugar Cookie. I mean, who doesn't love sugar cookies fresh out of the oven? And, it was Christmastime when the sample arrived...

I did not like this juice.

At first.

This is one that kinda grew on me. For one thing, I thought the cinnamon overtones were overpowering. I don't like vaping cinnamon as a rule, and the cinnamon flavor in this juice really put me off. Again, it grew on me.

What you get with KBV are very complex, multi-layered flavors. You'll get one part of the flavor on the inhale, a bit of a different flavor while rolling the vapor around in your mouth, and yet another aroma on exhale. These juices are in general best appreciated by an educated and sensitive palate. If you've only recently quit smoking analogs, and if your taste buds haven't quite made it back to full function, these juices have subtleties that you might miss. That's why the Warm Sugar Cookie juice took awhile for me to appreciate.

Guys, it *does* taste like warm cookies out of the oven. It's delicious.

Here's my rating, using an old-fashioned report card scale:

Aroma: A

Flavor B+ (would be higher, but you may need to work with this juice a bit to truly appreciate its complexity).

Vapor production A - minus KBV juices are higher in VG content than many other juices available on the market; the extra VG really helps this juice produce clouds of vapor.

Throat Hit: B*

* KBV juices, particularly the dessert vapes don't provide a huge TH. I appreciate this, because there are times when I don't want a lot of TH. Dessert vapes don't need a lot of throat hit, IMO. So, I adjusted the scale a little bit. Also, the level of perceived throat hit changes as you vape. I vaped OMG, a toffee-flavored (sort of) juice from KBV last night. I didn't notice much throat at first, but after vaping it over a three-hour period, the TH became very noticeable...to the point where it grabbed me hard enough to trigger a cough.

Value A+++ KBV's prices are very reasonable when compared to other small-batch producers. At around $6.00 for 15 ml. in a low nicotine strength (add 50 cents for strengths above 6 mg.), you can afford to vape this stuff all day without breaking the bank. Shipping is cheap, even an upgrade to Priority mail is less than five bucks, regardless of how much juice you order. The customer service is very personal and delivery is fairly quick. Remember, this is literally a "Mom and Pop" operation, all the juices are created and mixed by hand and orders are filled by only a couple people. I like the size of the business, and communication with them has always been fast and friendly. Bob even recently went the extra mile for me, providing special labelling on a very small order...even on the samples he sent.
Their juices range from soft, all-day vapes to luscious and sweet desserts. All the juices I've tried from KBV so far, have been top notch.
KBV specializes in dessert vapes and a couple coffee drink flavors. So far, they're not doing tobacco or menthol flavors, but with flavors like Snickerdoodle, Strawberry Pie and Tootsie Rolly....who needs tobacco?

Overall, this is a wonderful dessert vape, and I give it a solid A-minus (I seldom think any juice deserves an absolutely perfect rating). It's a wonderful dessert vape, and a "now-and-then" juice you'll want to keep around for those times when you need the vaporized equivalent of "comfort food."

Great review! I was looking over KBV this morning and the sugar cookie grabbed my attention. Im not planning on making a juice order any time soon *praying I will have the self control! lol but hear great things about them... definitely will keep them in mind for the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread