Status
Not open for further replies.

prof beard

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Stafford UK
Surprise!

I have in my possession the only remaining pre-production sample of the forthcoming SD Key Ring from trog at cavecom.com. (trog said "dont lose it.. tis the only one in the world.. he he")

This is what trog sent me:

of7dqs.jpg

The SD Key Ring E-cig, two "generic" 510 cartos, a small "loop" for the ring on the device, and a larger lanyard. (He also sent the charger - a small and typical USB 510 charger)

The device looks well made:

2ev7tk2.jpg

wjfdz9.jpg

and is REALLY small - here it is alongside an AW 14500 protected battery:

5ywwzr.jpg

The cartos supplied are regular 510 cartos (don't know who from) and look like this:

34passy.jpg

315en3a.jpg

To try the SD Key Ring out, I chose the carto labelled "French Pipe 24mg":

dqrkwm.jpg

The whole thing is spectacularly small and neat - here it is alongside a Touchwood mini (a very small and neat device) and a Screwdriver Mk1:

2rm2wzs.jpg

Using the SD Key Ring

The SD Keyring is an automatic device with around 250-300mah battery capacity. It works WELL - with the French Pipe cartomiser I selected I got very good vapour and decent hit (it's a standard resistance carto but performs well). (The French Pipe flavour trog has is rather good and nicely tobacco-ish). When I can find a standard resistance 510 atomiser (I have some somewhere) I'd like to try one of those on it...

Of course I can't leave well alone and don't like the squared-off mouth piece on cartos, so off came its lid:

1sm88l.jpg

As you can see - it's a "boge-like" carto, so easy to top-up. It cried out for a drip tip, so...

34zwtpf.jpg

Here is the SD Key Ring fitted with a Super T "Shorty" drip tip - which cost more or less the same as the projected price of the SD Key Ring!!!

To sum up

trog has come up a with genuinely original format here. It works far better than "cig-a-likes", has fair battery capacity (I've been puffing away at my normal rate on it for 2 hours so far and it's still going strong), looks really good (I like it in "steel") and can be easily stuck in a pocket, actually put on a keyring, or worn round the neck. I, of course, can't wear it round my neck - I'd never find it again in my beard :)

If the factory in China that trog has making these can get them out in time for Christmas I can see them being one of the vaping world's mega stocking-fillers... I think trog has a winner here.

Last edited:

prof beard

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Stafford UK
Update - trog tells me he will have these in stock shortly. He will retail them for £12.50 plus £1.50 worldwide shipping.

If any US vendors are interested in these things, trog says he will wholesale them to sell in the US for around $17.50 allowing for a 100% mark up. Apparently it is not his main intention to retail these himself - he wants to wholesale them. The Chinese "partners" will drop ship them to wherever they are needed.

TomCatt

Da Catt
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Upland, PA
This does indeed look neat and the projected U.S. price certainly is right! [I'd want to use it with a better carto in stainless steel with matching drip tip.]

Question: Why is a device with a 14500 battery rated only 250-300mah?

Doesn't have a 14500, it's smaller than a 14500 ;)
:D

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread