Russian 91% burnt taste HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Previously with my nautilus I had been experiencing dry, burnt tastes so I went a bought a Russian. Now I'm getting the SAME RESULTS. So frustrating! I'm using the Russian on my provari and have tried multiple builds but still the same taste. Please help me, I don't want to give up vaping but at this point I'm wasting money.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 38

ScottChensoda

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2013
Lat:51.53889/Long:0.14743
1. Scrap that wick.
2. Holding the mod in one hand and a pair of tweezers/long-nosed pliers in t'other, fire the mod for 5/10 seconds to get the coil glowing at its brightest then switch of the power and squeeze the coils as tight as and hold it for approx 10/20 seconds. The object being to get each of those coil wraps touching the next.
3. Now cut yourself a new wick and feed it through the coil ensuring it does not snag on the coil as it passes through. |If it does then take the wick out and thin it out a tad. The wick should easily pass through the coil, just touching it. You should be able to hold each end of the wick and easily draw it backwards and forwards through the coil without snagging.
4. Trim the wick to lie flat on the base and if you have any wisps or strands of cotton not quite trimmed off you can tuck them down to no more than halfway down the juice channels.
5. The better alternative being to get yourself some Cellucotton Rayon as wicking material, as it has far superior wicking qualities than cotton.
6. As for it being a clone? The simple answer is yes.

ssgswjohnson

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2014
Fort Meade, MD
My first and still only RBA (fogger v4) burned the back of my throat at first to. FOR ME it was simply me not being used to that wide open draw and the efficiency of the topper as compared to my kanger wares. (I built mine with the AFC ring removed at first for wider airflow) it helped a lot to put the ring back on and restrict the draw somewhat until I got more accustomed to the new, more advanced gear. Now I can chain vape with it wide open. For wicking, the above advice is similar to what I did for mine. I just have the cotton ends at the top of the juice channels, not in them at all. Wicks excellent and has NEVER flooded.

1. Scrap that wick.
2. Holding the mod in one hand and a pair of tweezers/long-nosed pliers in t'other, fire the mod for 5/10 seconds to get the coil glowing at its brightest then switch of the power and squeeze the coils as tight as and hold it for approx 10/20 seconds. The object being to get each of those coil wraps touching the next.
3. Now cut yourself a new wick and feed it through the coil ensuring it does not snag on the coil as it passes through. |If it does then take the wick out and thin it out a tad. The wick should easily pass through the coil, just touching it. You should be able to hold each end of the wick and easily draw it backwards and forwards through the coil without snagging.
4. Trim the wick to lie flat on the base and if you have any wisps or strands of cotton not quite trimmed off you can tuck them down to no more than halfway down the juice channels.
5. The better alternative being to get yourself some Cellucotton Rayon as wicking material, as it has far superior wicking qualities than cotton.
6. As for it being a clone? The simple answer is yes.

Did exactly as you said. Still burnt and irritating. I'm so disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread