Seriously torn, Texas Select Stallion or a Provari...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quoiyaien

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2012
Beautiful BC
I have the funds to get myself a new top end APV, and Im torn between the Provari or the Texas Select stallion... (a tube mod using the evolv DNA12 chip)

Without getting too much into it, id like to hear some thoughts you guys have on the two... A simple variable wattage device with a power button and a wattage adjusting potentiometer, or a Provari...

Any thoughts?

Cheers!
:vapor:

Quoiyaien

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2012
Beautiful BC
I believe the next run of Stallions will have the DNA12 chip.. not that that is a deal breaker for me...

I am leaning heavily towards the provari as I recently bought an eBaron dripper Pro, because of the aesthetic compliment with a provari...

I had originally decided on a provari, but having this much money to spend on an APV made me realize there are a lot of other excellent PVs out there... I have the mechanical hybrid covered with my incoming Mayan LE iHybrid, so I want something with variable voltage/wattage...

But from what Ive heard you cant really go wrong with a provari...

Cheers!

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
yea while not confirmed by the community as a whole the dna20 is giving some modders problems as of late, so until it is incorporated into a well built standard mod i would wait on them. but i have always been a prove yourself then i will buy person............

i would def wait for reviews on this one though.
Output Power: 5 - 12 Watts - Ranges are approximate and are not guaranteed.

also being revised already:
"We are working on a few improvements on the Stallion APV at this time, we will begin manufacturing with the improved components soon"

Last edited:

Quoiyaien

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2012
Beautiful BC
Ive been waiting for the re-release of the stallion for some time...

Think im just going to go with the provari... Not too big, and nice and reliable. VW isnt a big deal for me, I just liked the simplicity of the Stallion. eGo Twist simplicity in a VW 22650 Tube mod.

On another note, my Dripper pro shipped!! As an extension of my geekdom I am going to pick up a tsaf (pronounced Taff) box for joining wire... (if your not familiar with the Tsaf, check out Todds vid on youtube.. handy little device!) as the dripper requires no res wire and given the holes on the ceramic cup are rather small, I dont want to have to deal with messy splices... unless someone knows a better way?

Cheers!

<---cop

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2011
Australia
Get a provari mini plus a provari transform kit from Atmistique.
Gives you air flow control and a telescope base to fit all batteries.

Provari transform pack
23qylts.jpg

Quoiyaien

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2012
Beautiful BC
Thats kinda neat! I sat through an 11 minute video in German just to see how it worked!...lol... Not really my style, but cool nontheless!

I am probably going to get a mini in the end.. I know, complete opposite ends of the size spectrum, the provari mini vs the stallion, but I really like the compact vibe.

A mini provari and an eBaron dripper pro... hells yeah!

Buzzsaw46

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2012
SE MN United States
That billet box is cool! Imagine that with the new killer 705 rebuildable tank atty!! Kinda wish I heard about this before they sold out... lol

Oh ya the killer would be killer in the BB! The only bad part would be the killer is hidden inside the Box. I would want to show that bad boy off;)

joeshark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2012
Down town China Town NY
On another note, my Dripper pro shipped!! As an extension of my geekdom I am going to pick up a tsaf (pronounced Taff) box for joining wire... (if your not familiar with the Tsaf, check out Todds vid on youtube.. handy little device!) as the dripper requires no res wire and given the holes on the ceramic cup are rather small, I dont want to have to deal with messy splices... unless someone knows a better way?

Cheers!

Waiting patiently for these ebarons to come back in stock, wish I had heard of them sooner. Would love to hear your opinion about it. What mix juice you going to be dripping with it?
I want to get one of these to drip 100% vg, not having much luck with any other systems that I've tried.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread