Sharing My first month observations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonar505

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Sorry for the length but Hey you only get a first post once.

First a little background I was a 30 year 2 or more pack a day smoker. I have tried just about everything out there to quit smoking with very little success. Recently I observed a gentleman using a Altoids mod and then tried a disposable e-cig. This whet my appetite so i did some research and settled on a 1100 mAh ego-c kit based on price, battery life, and reviews. Since the afternoon that I received my kit I have not smoked!!! For those of you still on the fence because of past quitting problems, I can tell you I have not had any of the following nervousness, anxiety, sleeplessness, bad dreams, anger or any of the dozen other symptoms associated with quitting smoking (none). Life is good!! What follows is what has worked for me (results may vary :confused:) and what I have observed so far.

#1 Do some research, ECF is a great, wonderful, and sometimes confusing site (thanks to all by the way). But you can learn a lot in a very short time which will save you much heartache and money which leads to #2.

#2 Set a budget. This will keep you from feeling over spent, but also should keep you from trying to spend too little and getting something that you feel is not worth what you payed for it or not working for you. The way I did it was to figure out what I honestly spent per month on cigarettes divided by 3 to get my 10 days worth of budget. Me and my OCD felt that even if this didn't work I could go for 10 Very miserable days without cigarettes.

#3 When ordering do yourself a big favor and mentally add at least 2 days to when you thing your product will arrive that way you will always feel over promised and over delivered. Also make sure you have enough cigarettes to last you until it arrives. If you are anything like me you never want a cigarette more than when you are trying to ration them (I had 4 left too close for comfort). Even if the site says orders before such and such time will ship same day. You very likely will run into the Dreaded order processing for 2-3 days Monster. Also When does finally ship always remember the old saying (A watched USPS tracking site will never update / and A watched postal employee will likely result in a restraining order.)

#4 After you have decided what you want and ordered, by all means keep doing research on the care and feeding of your new baby before it arrives but try and stay away from prices or you may find it on another site for not only cheaper but closer as well. This new site may work for your next order so it's all good. Just be happy with your decisions and it will all work out. Here is a breakdown of how it has been for me.

Week 1: Received Ego-c and 3 juices (36mg, 24mg, and 18mg as I yet have no idea what level I need to be at.)
E-liquidUSA - Ordered Tuesday Morn. - Shipped Thursday Afternoon - Arrived Monday

Cheapest price at the time on Google search (I know it's a clone but so far so good). Very happy with ego no maintenance just fill and vape. Very glad I ordered 3 levels if I feel not enough nicotine just change flavors and all better now.

Week 2: Received DIY juice products
HighDesert Ecigs - Ordered Tuesday Morn. - Shipped Wednesday Morn. - Arrived Thursday

Great Prices & Very close to my home. I wanted to try my hand at DIY juice. First Results are 1-flavor-great/easy, 2-flavor-not so hard, 3-flavor-UGHH find out hard way about steeping.

Week 3: Received Fluxomizer, ego cone, drip tip
GotVapes - Ordered Friday Morn. - Shipped Friday Afternoon - Arrived Monday

Kudo's to them on fastest shipping. Even though I have been very happy with my ego-c I wanted to try something different and very glad I did. The fluxomizer is very easy for a noobie to use & the flavor and vapor are amazing. Just 1 thing that was a little disconcerting website address in Texas but it seems all products ship from New York. Based on how fast it got to me this is not a problem.

Week 4: Received DIY Mod parts, empty bottles (never enough), flavor extract
MadVapes - Ordered Saturday Morn. - Shipped Monday Afternoon - Arrived Wednesday

Great Prices and lots of inventory for DIY. Wanted to have a backup in case ego dies and do it as cheaply as possible. With great tutorials ECF. Found everything needed around my house except battery connectors so those are main things ordered. Hopefully soon I will post results.

#5 Final Thoughts: All and All it's been a great first month, and a lot easier than I ever thought it would be. I have been able to experiment while still staying well within my budget and have had no regrets on giving up smoking. Really wish the inventors had come up with this 30 years ago but better I found it later than never. Plan to keep on using ECF and enjoying my new found freedom (No more freezing or roasting outside for me:laugh:. Only 1 problem that I see so far Now that my sense of smell seems to be coming back I may have to shave off my mustache that's been collecting 30 years of cigarette smoke.
Thanks for reading

GeminII

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2012
Nashville, TN
I love how methodical you've been! Great post, solid advice. Congratulations on one month away from analogs!
I've been off analogs since 3/25, and would have benefitted from a modicum of restraint in my spending. I can, however, happily say that every dime has been worth it! I hope to break even by the end of the year LOL! That said, you don't know what you got til' it's gone - and you just can't put a price tag on your health. <---me justifying a Provari as a backup in the near future... Cheers, and again, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

azzaj

Verified Member
Apr 20, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
TBH i wouldn't worry about the break even point too much, you can spend $500-$1000 and still not be where you want to be because you couldn't justify fronting up for a decent vv unit.

i ponied up for the provari about 4 months in and since then the break even point accelerated, now even if i buy another one i am fully safe in the knowledge that ive spent shedloads less than if i was still on the analogs.

I converted a guy at work with a provari and a decent dct at the cost of perhaps 2-3 months smoking cost up front, he couldn't be happier and never had to deal with products that promised yet never delivered.

i used to say to any new vaper ego and cartos, now its provari and dct.

im no fanboi, would love a darwin and will be grabbing a vmax as soon as they sort out the switches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread