Shipping FYI to Midwest Customers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracy211

Apr 5, 2011
Iowa
Yesterday I made my first order with Alt Smoke. Purchased a BB (pink) very excited to get it because 2 of the batts for my little Vapor King set up went bad (on the same day), leaving me with only one. I am on day 17 anolog free, so I went ahead and paid the extra $28 to have it EXPRESS mailed (thinking I would have it today since I am only in Iowa.)

I was informed by the girls at the US post office that "Express" doesn't mean next day delivery. It should be here tomorrow. I more than likely would have received it tomorrow anyway...if I just would of used the regular free shipping that was offered.:facepalm:

I am not mad, dissapointed YES, but I am just saying, if you live in the midwest don't bother with paying the extra for "EXPRESS" shipping through the US postal service. Not worth the money.

And No...I do not blame AltSmoke they had it shipped out within a couple hours. 2:26 pm cent time to be exact. I am just trying to maybe, save someone else some money, and keep them from getting there hopes up. :glare:

halopunker

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
New Philadelphia, OH
Express Mail is 1-2 Days Guaranteed. It's the only mail option that is 'guaranteed' by the 2nd day, or your money back. We actually have a place on the website that goes over our averages over a 30 day period and explains the different shipping methods :)

AltSmoke.com | Delivery Information

It was from oct of last year, but here are the time periods based upon our averages.

Express Mail: 1.4 Days
Priority Mail: 2.5 Days
First Class Mail: 2.9 Days

And here are the longest and shortest time periods it took during that time period:

Express Mail:
Min: 1 Day
Max: 4 Days

Priority Mail:
Max: 8 Days

First Class Mail:
Max: 18 Days

Obviously the 4 Days for express mail was able to get their postage refunded ;P For Express Mail if you live in a less populated area, it's usually 2nd day guaranteed.

Tracy211

Apr 5, 2011
Iowa
Loved my BB so much that I ordered a Black Silver Bullet for my husband. This time I did the "free" shipping and got the package in the same amount of time. So ... the extra money I paid for the "express" shipping (the first time) really was kind of a waste. Very impressed with everything about Alt Smoke! They were fast both times and the items shipped within a couple hours. So thanks Alt Smoke from a very happy vaper in Iowa.

mwahle1

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL. USA
Loved my BB so much that I ordered a Black Silver Bullet for my husband. This time I did the "free" shipping and got the package in the same amount of time. So ... the extra money I paid for the "express" shipping (the first time) really was kind of a waste. Very impressed with everything about Alt Smoke! They were fast both times and the items shipped within a couple hours. So thanks Alt Smoke from a very happy vaper in Iowa.
Your husband will be very happy with his SB; it is the only PV I use. I have three of them but two of them are unused since the first one is still going strong after 1.5 years of use (abuse).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread