Should we attend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeezix

Jul 1, 2009
"You may attend all or parts of the conference. Prof. Stanton Glantz, Professor of Medicine and Director, Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education, UCSF, will deliver a keynote address at 1:30 pm."
Isn't Glantz the other lawyer who with Banzhaf tried to sue OSHA over the passive smoke issue?

If I am correct he is the one who said "If the science doesn't help you, don't use science."

They dropped the case when OSHA proved that passive smoke was a bunch of bull.

larcat

ECF Veteran
I don't know if it's because you look young so you have all that male testosterone or what, but calm down son! Go sweet talk a lady into helping you relieve some of that anger! (Once again, no offense intended to you, I love everyone here. But you seem to have some anger issues!)

Wow condescending much? Aren't you the one who posted wistfully about wanting to be a straight edge warrior?

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
I did not say to not attend. I'd travel hundreds of miles to attend if I were in that area. I said to think very carefully about speaking at such an affair. An average person will be slaughtered if they speak up for e-cigs there. And I said there is no need to be a fly on the wall because the media will cover this conference. You'll read about it in newspapers and watch outrageous snippets on the evening news.

Notice how things are going in the Healthcare "Town Hall" meetings? Do you see normal people questioning how America can pay for this program? No. You see rabid idiots with posters and swastikas, frothing at the mouth about "facism". Makes good TV, doesn't it? Yep. And it will be same after this conference.

I'm sure some conference speakers now are working up the most outrageous anti-tobacco proposal they can imagine. That's the one that will makes "news". Don't let that outrageous proposal be a ban on all non-medicinal use of nicotine outside tobacco products!

And that very well could be the next step toward our own brand or Prohibition.

Superstargoddess

ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2009
Ohio
Wow condescending much? Aren't you the one who posted wistfully about wanting to be a straight edge warrior?

No, it's called trying to be more lighthearted and nice about his situation. I would rather try to deal with someone in a nice and perhaps lighthearted way than to just rip into them like you just did to me.

I am never condescending to anyone, because I know that I am no better or no worse than anyone else here. Not sure where you can get the power to call me condescending though. But I'm not worried about it, you have the right to your opinion. But if you ask around, I think that you will find that I am very helpful here, and that's what my intentions are.

And yes, I would like to be straight edge someday, nothing wrong with that.

LaceyUnderall- Thank you, I will check that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread