Sigelei 100w+ Pairing Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
how important is it to pair batteries with the sigelei 100w+?

when i first bought the device, i got a pair of new Samsung 25Rs for it. but now that im using it more than my mechs, id like to have a spare pair for the sigelei. im thinking of commandeering either my LG HE2s or my other pair of Samsung 25Rs that i got around the beginning of November that ive been using in my mechs. ive used the cells moderately, maybe charged twice a week tops. i dont recall ever discharging them below 3.6 or 3.7v. ive been running them in mechs, with no builds lower than 0.4Ω, and usually at 0.5Ω and up.

i certainly dont mind buying another pair of the Sammys, especially seeing how they are now down to around $6 each. however, im really not getting much use out of my original pair of Sammy 25Rs and LG HE2s so if its safe to use them in the sigelei, id rather just do that. i know if they were new, there would be no question. but with a dual battery device, im not sure if using a new, married pair is necessary. perhaps because the device runs the cells in parallel its fine? or does parallel follow the same rule as stacking/series with respect to marrying a pair?

oh, and i typically run my sigelei around 25-30w, but sometimes bump it up to 40 or 50w.

anyone care to share some knowledge/opinions?

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Running in parallel should still be a matched set so that they hopefully have the same strength and internal resistance. In parallel if one battery is charged to a lesser voltage, or discharges a bit faster so that they are not the same voltage the stronger, higher voltage battery will try to "charge" the weaker at the maximum amperage the battery can provide. Checking voltages off your charger with a meter would be recommended, just a quick double-check of what the charger is doing.

In real life the batteries you have now would likely work without a problem, but at the cost of an extra set, why take a chance...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread