Sigelei 150w Batteries 0.3 ohm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethanr11

Oct 11, 2015
Hi guys what's up,

So I am about to buy the sigelei 150w with the aspire Atlantis 2 0.3 ohm tank. But I don't know what are safe batteries to use. I'm in the UK so vtc4's are super hard to find and idk if 25r's are safe at that resistance. I don't think I will be going upwards of 110w, but I won't know until I have it. So what are some safe batteries to use with that coil and with the wattage range on the sigelei. Answers much appreciated, thanks in advance

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
A pair of LG HG2's, Sony VTC5's or Samsung 25R's would be OK up to about 130W or so.
Above 130 watts use the Sony VTC4's or LG HB6's.

For a regulated mod, in VW mode, you calculate the max current draw as Max Amps = Max Wattage / Min Battery Voltage (3.2 volts).

For more on batteries, check out some of @Mooch's battery blogs:

Last edited:

Ethanr11

Oct 11, 2015
A pair of LG HG2's, Sony VTC5's or Samsung 25R's would be OK up to about 130W or so.
Above 130 watts use the Sony VTC4's or LG HB6's.

For a regulated mod, in VW mode, you calculate the max current draw as Max Amps = Max Wattage / Min Battery Voltage (3.2 volts).
Thank you I am able to get those batteries however will this not total to be SUPER expensive. I mean to my calculations: sigelei 150w, aspire Atlantis 2 tank, replacement coils, 4 batteries, a charger, and juice total up to be like £170 which is like $250. Am I missing something or is this what everyone went through?

Ethanr11

Oct 11, 2015
I'm in the US and have not checked prices for the setup you are looking to buy. Have you check Fasttech (for everything except the batteries and juice)?
I have stumbled across there a couple times, looks like they have some good prices however I may need to pay for shipping once the parcel arrives in the UK, but I will look into it further. Thanks :)

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Thank you, however that is the sigelei 150 TC and with the aspire Atlantis 2 being kanthal wire, it won't work in temperature control mode. (Correct me if I am wrong please)
Correct. Kanthal will not work in TC mode. However, the Sigelei can also be run in wattage mode with kanthal coils.

Reactions: Ryedan
Hi guys what's up,

So I am about to buy the sigelei 150w with the aspire Atlantis 2 0.3 ohm tank. But I don't know what are safe batteries to use. I'm in the UK so vtc4's are super hard to find and idk if 25r's are safe at that resistance. I don't think I will be going upwards of 110w, but I won't know until I have it. So what are some safe batteries to use with that coil and with the wattage range on the sigelei. Answers much appreciated, thanks in advance

Hey! I also have a Sigelei 150W box mod. In spite of using the exact same setup, I rarely go over 55W b/c I don't seem to be able to maximize on the juice flavors, which is what I am after. I vape almost all day btw 45W and 55W and I've purchased and sampled around 2,500ml of liquids.

I have a list of the liquids that I'm vaping and I'm grading them but I'm not keeping a record of the max W / liquid.

I'm making the most of the box mod by vaping twice as long btw battery changes.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Hi guys what's up,

The resistance used with a VW or TC mod doesn't matter to amp draw on the batteries. It's all about the watts. If you will not go over 110 watts you're good with 20A batteries. Sony VTC4, VTC5, Samsung 25R, Orbtronic SX30, LG HE2 and HE4 are all 20A.

I don't know how much shipping costs from the US to the UK but you can have a look and see. I'm in Canada and US shipping costs to me vary between outrageous and quite good. The following are suppliers I trust:

Illumination Supply
Liionwholesale.com
Imrbatteries.com
Orbtronic
Battery Junction
RTD Vapor

Fasttech is also known to sell authentic products if they list them as authentic. They do sell a lot of clones so you have to make sure the word 'authentic' is in the description like it is for these 25R's. They went through a time when they had issues with shipping batteries overseas. I don't know if that's still the case so I would check that out before ordering from them. They sell chargers too.

I have occasionally bought from Europe and found sometimes shipping is quite reasonable to Canada.

I would also check out Torchy the Battery Boy on UKVapers. He has a very good reputation there.

Good luck with it!

Last edited:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I just want to .... in and say that on a Sigelei 150, you want to aim for a resistance of about 0.5. The tests I've seen show it to be pretty inaccurate at lower resistances.

Yes, at low resistances it puts out a bit less than what you set, but then all you need to do is dial it up a bit and you're good. At less than about 0.33'ish ohms, power is limited by output voltage anyway, so you may not be any further ahead in the end if you want to get the most power you can out of it.

Oberon75

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2014
Roseville, Mi, USA
Yes, at low resistances it puts out a bit less than what you set, but then all you need to do is dial it up a bit and you're good. At less than about 0.33'ish ohms, power is limited by output voltage anyway, so you may not be any further ahead in the end if you want to get the most power you can out of it.
A lot of people don't realize that though and think their 100w vape is 100w when it's really something like 86w.

I use an SX Mini M Class with the extension tube which is about as accurate as you can get. I just know that when asking for coil suggestions in the past, the suggestions were always wrong and the vape was way too hot at a true 100w.

Sent from my HTC One M8 Harman/Kardon edition

Reactions: Ryedan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread