Slow or No Connection to ECF

Status
Not open for further replies.

meli.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
Private Suite GroenDakkies
Hi, for the first time ever I'm experiencing real difficulties connecting to ECF, either it takes ages to connect or it says Error 503 or comes up with a database error :
Database error
The database has encountered a problem. Please try the following:
Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
Open the www.e-cigarette-forum.com home page, then try to open another page. Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.e-cigarette-forum.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.
We apologise for any inconvenience.

I'm using FF, I've tried IE9 on W7 - same results. When I do connect and click a post it drops out and again the process starts all over again. Why is this happening? Help.:(

Last edited:

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
Our apologies.

The LAN at our hosts packed up and none of our servers could operate. We have complained vigorously.

Unfortunately it doesn't work to have our servers backed up to the cloud as ours is a highly database-intensive site, there are about 5,000 posts on the forum every day and multiple databases in the cloud would not be able to keep up - there are thousands of read/write operations to the DB every second and it would not be possible to sync multiple DBs in the cloud.

We could have a read-only arrangement for the forum but most agree that would not be satisfactory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread