Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Smok-Mag-18-Kit-230-W-1.jpg

Hi, today let's take a look at smok Mag 18 Kit 230W. In this Test I will examine each of the characteristics that distinguish this item. I hope that by the end of this reading you may have understood this product, and therefore decide whether to invest in it or not. As always, my opinions are free and based on my personal experience.
    • Enjoy the reading.

smok Mag 18 Kit; Before starting let's see together some special features indicated by the manufacturer:
    The SMOK Mag 18 Kit has arrived for your enjoyment! A real beauty! The Mod houses the TFV18 tank which offers ample flavor and huge clouds! SMOK Mag 18 kit is powered by dual 18650 batteries (not included), with 5-230W output, 0.96 inch TFT screen with color user interface. The TFV18 tank is compatible with both series of Mesh Coils for TFV18 and TFV16.

Smok-Mag-18-Kit-230-W-2.jpg

► Smok Mag 18 Kit; Packaging:

Smok-Mag-18-Kit-230-W-3.jpg

Smok-Mag-18-Kit-230-W-4.jpg

► Smok Mag 18 Kit; Packing List:
    • 1 * SMOK MAG-18 Mod
    • 1 * SMOK TFV18 Atomizer (7.5ml)
    • 1 * SMOK TFV18 Coil with 0.33Ω Mesha (pre-installed) Range 80-140W Best 100-110W
    • 1 * SMOK TFV18 Double Mesh Coil from 0.15Ω Range 80-140W Best 100-110W
    • 1 * Replacement glass tube
    • 1 * Type-C cable
    • 1 * User Manual

Smok-Mag-18-Kit-230-W-5.jpg

► Smok Mag 18 Kit; Specifications:
    • IQ-X chip
    • 0.96 inch TFT color display
    • Battery type: Dual external 18650 battery (not included)
    • Methods; Variable power
    • Output power: 5W-230W
    • Coil heating time: 0.001S
    • Standby current: <300uA
    • Input voltage: 6.4V-8.4V
    • Output voltage: 1.0V-8.0V
    • Resistance range: 0.1Ω-2.5Ω
    • Charging type: Quick 2.0A type C
    • Charging voltage: 5V ± 0.2V
    • Charging current: 2.0A (maximum)
    • Tank capacity: 7.5ml
    • Supports DTL vaping
    • Top filling
    • Air flow: Adjustable
    • Thread: 510
    • Compatible coils: SMOK TFV18 & SMOK TFV16

Smok-Mag-18-Kit-230-W-6.jpg

► Smok Mag 18 Kit; Available colours:
    • Gunmetal Gold Kit
    • Gunmetal Red Kit
    • Prism Rainbow Kit
    • Black Gunmetal Kit
    • Nano Chrome Kit
    • Gray Red Kit
    • Beige White Kit
    • Black & 7 Color Kit
    • Black Kit

Smok-Mag-18-Kit-230-W-7.jpg

► Smok Mag 18 Kit; First Impressions:
    This time Smoktech sent me for the test an evolution of a product that had struck me in certain aspects of its design but above all in the ergonomics of the handle, all this closely resembled a large caliber revolver and I'm talking about the old and never forgotten Mag P3. So the new revolver, or rather the new Smok Mod is revived updated but with the same design theme and it does so by presenting a new Mod (Mag 18) which is more compact in size than the previous Mag P3. There are different materials, smaller dimensions and more realistic finishes in this rather realistic imitation of a firearm that has remained beautiful but has become more comfortable to carry.

Smok-Mag-18-Kit-230-W-8.jpg

For this Test Smoktech sent me two samples of the Smok Mag 18 Kit, both of these Samples belong to the "TPU" category which can boast 4 different color choices, my samples are "black" and "Beige White". There are also other 5 different choices regarding the "Leather Version" category but none of these versions have been sent to me, so I will not go into it further. My two samples are characterized by an insert on the handle made of thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) which is an elastic material with a high resistance to abrasion and chemicals, like most elastomers, TPU is commonly used to produce seals, gaskets and flexible. The surface of the Mod is metallic and well polished so Mag 18 as I anticipated is very well received inside the palm of the hand.

Smok-Mag-18-Kit-230-W-9.jpg

In the photo below we can see both side profiles of the Mag 18 with the impressive TFV18 Tank installed. The mod is crossed laterally by a metal frame that can be burnished, colored or metallic depending on the color of choice. The frame also embraces the part relating to the handle and stylishly divides the metal parts to the softer ones that are part of the decorative insert. On one side we find the writing "MAG-18" while the other side does not contain writing, this gives the Mod a rather gritty but at the same time rational, clean and free of excesses aspect.

Smok-Mag-18-Kit-230-W-10.jpg

► Smok Mag 18 Kit; Screen and control keys:
    The front profile of the MOD in the upper part has a recess that houses the fire button which in turn looks like the trigger of a gun, this offers an excellent "feedback" of comfort of use, but also manages to convey a discreet impression of solidity and precision to the user. The 0.96 "color TFT display is reduced in size compared to other dual battery mods on the market, but still manages to offer a good reading of the data thanks to the enlarged fonts and a good brightness of the background. The screen shows all the useful information vaping; selected mode, cell recharge level and percentage, Ohms, Volt, set power, lock / unlock symbol, total number of puffs and duration of the last puff. Below the screen there is a classic balance wheel with the plastic "+ and -" adjustment Below the buttons is the Type-C charging socket which is well positioned and easily accessible.

Smok-Mag-18-Kit-230-W-11.jpg

► Smok Mag 18 Kit; 510 thread and bottom base:
    The upper part of the Mod is quite wide to accommodate a "monster" like the TFV18 Tank well, the wide rounded contour still manages to streamline the visual impact with an aesthetic result that I think is right. The 510 steel cup is centrally located in the Mod and appears to be slightly raised, this prevents scratching the paint when screwing / unscrewing the tanks.

Smok-Mag-18-Kit-230-W-12.jpg

The access door to the compartment / batteries with 5 vent holes for the cells is located in the lower part of the Mod, in addition to logos & brands you can see the opening / closing mechanism and the writing "Designed By Smok". Mag 18 uses two 18650 batteries for operation and the compartment / battery door has a good opening / closing system, appears stable and safe enough in line with previous Smok kits. The positive and negative symbols are engraved on the inside of the door / batteries, the same symbols are present on the bottom inside the mod.

Smok-Mag-18-Kit-230-W-13.jpg

► Smok TFV 18 Tank:
    TFV18 Sub-ohm Tank features colossal 7.5ml e-liquid capacity, allows you to vape all day practically without refilling.
    In the upper part of the Tank there is a small button and to refill the liquid just press the button and push by turning the Top-Cap sideways.

Smok-Mag-18-Kit-230-W-14.jpg

The TFV18 tank is basically made up of five pieces and is very similar to the previous TFV16, however the two AFCs have been modified to improve the cross section of the airflow favoring better regulation from RDL to fully open DL. Various Drip-Tips in multicolored resin are available as spare parts for the TFV18 Tank. Furthermore, TFV18 tank exploits the excellent conductivity of copper through 5 pins placed on the base to effectively transfer the electrical potential to the coil in a better distributed way for an enveloping and faster heating.

Smok-Mag-18-Kit-230-W-15.jpg

Smok-Mag-18-Kit-230-W-16.jpg

TFV18 is compatible with the coils of the TFV16, however, for the TFV18, newly developed replaceable Mesh-Coils have been created.
    These are the new Mesh coils present in the Kit:

• Mesh Coil 0.33Ω range 80-140W (Best 100-110W)
    This Single-Mesh coil is very aromatic already starting at 70W (10W below the minimum range). At 70W the heating is immediate thanks to the instant reaction chipset (0.001s) and perhaps also thanks to the new circular transmission system of the TFV18 current.
    Vaping at 70W is great so I didn't notice any complications with this power. Following Smok's instructions, I also tried higher power levels, but I didn't insist much at 140W because I think it is useless. Already at 80 / 90W the performance is spectacular, the vapor is good, very abundant and quite hot and so I use this coil.

• Dual meshed Coil of O.15Ω range 80-140W (Best 100-110W)
    The behavior of this Dual-mesh is similar to the previous one, I started at 80W and went up to maximum power (140W), however I only use it at 90 or 100W, thus finding the best configuration.
    Both of these mammoth coils need a lot of liquid to be initialized when new, so you will need to soak the cotton thoroughly before activating them.
    Compared to the previous TFV16 coils I noticed an improvement in the speed with which they reach the best aromatic yield, no cotton flavor even when new.

TFV18 RBA:
    Smok in collaboration with WOTOFO for this Tank has decided to create an interesting "postless" RBA that can be regenerated in Dual coil, the RBA can be purchased separately. Unfortunately Smok didn't send it to me, so I hope that sooner or later I'll have a chance to try it.

In conclusion I think that the TFV18 Tank does not disappoint those who appreciate the brand and want to use it to vape in DL mode without complications. Only recommendation; try not to follow the megawattages indicated on the coils by Smok too much, stay lower with the power and you will not regret it. These coils offer a long life if the power is set correctly.

Smok-Mag-18-Kit-230-W-17.jpg

► Smok Mag 18 Kit; Operation Guide:
    Mag 18's lQ-X Chipset is the same as Rigel's, and it's simplified and really intuitive even for newbies. Very responsive to the Fire button, it is also fast in the settings, the indications on the ohm of the coil and the residual charge of the cells with the time remaining to the completion of the charge are all sufficiently precise indications that you will find inside the display.

• To turn the Mod on / off, click the Fire button five times in less than two seconds.
    • Click the fire button three times in quick succession to lock / unlock the Mod functions.
    • The Wattage is adjusted with the Up / Down buttons, from 1 to 230W with an increase / decrease of 1Watt at a time
    • To Lock / Unlock the wattage press the up / down buttons together.
    • Press the Down / Fire buttons together to reset the total number of Puffs.
    • To choose one of the six available screen colors, press the Up / Fire buttons together.

Smok-Mag-18-Kit-230-W-18.jpg

Like all modern Smoktech Mods, Mag 18 also adopts the Type-C charging port, Smok declares a fast, precise and balanced recharge, however for less circuit stress and greater reliability I always recommend that you recharge the batteries with a external charger.

Mag 18 offers a good security compartment which includes:
    • Open circuit protection
    • Time Out 8s
    • Short circuit protection
    • Overheating protection
    • Low charge protection

Smok-Mag-18-Kit-230-W-19.jpg

► Smok Mag 18 Kit; Final conclusions:
    In this version, the IQ-X chipset is expressly made to offer optimal operation in "Watt Mode" which is also the only mode available, there is no need to complain about this since if you are interested in pulmonary vaping with a decent containment of costs, you will have no problem accepting the lack of other functions such as TC Mode which will be superfluous to you.

So is MAG 18 a necessary weapon? Surely not, you could still vape well with the Mag P3 or other similar dual battery systems from Smok, but if you are looking for a DL vaping device that is new, sturdy, beautiful and eye-catching, allowing you to enjoy your fruity e-liquids or ice cream favorites in a satisfying and accessible way to all, this Mag-18 Mod with the TFV18 Tank is the Kit you can need and it will do it pretty well.

Thanks to SmokTech for sending me these samples for review.
    MAG-18 KIT - SMOK® | Innovation Keeps Changing the Vaping Experience

Thanks for reading.

Smok-Mag-18-Kit-230-W-20.jpg

Last edited:
    Reactions: gloopdegurp
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread